The myth of Tebow grows. He came back from a 15-point deficit in the shortest amount of time since the AFL-NFL merger. Over the course of the day I was keeping a running feed on my Facebook Page -Derek in Denver Sports- under the title “It’s Tebow Time.”
What transpired over the course of the game was one of the greatest lackluster performances ever executed by an offense for 55 minutes. It was only the last 5 minutes where things got interesting.
Should Tebow be judged solely by two processions that resulted in a comeback? Or should the rest of his play and overtime factor into the team’s decision on his future?
Two things became apparent after this game. The ending of this game is one of the most amazing comebacks I’ve ever seen and the Broncos need to test Tebow earlier in the game to really see what he can do.
So without further ado, it’s Tebow Time!
1. First drive 3 and out, incomplete throw, not enough on the run
It was over so quickly.
2. 2nd drive, runs for the first down, doesn’t make a long enough throw and the Broncos punt again
OK, nerves are kicking in for Tebow. Not sure what’s up.
3. McGahee with two big runs. Tebow sacked on third down. Prater misses field goal.
Praters supposed to be the best part of this team.
4. Dolphins up 3-0
The Defense looks alright. Not as bas as the Dolphins Offense.
5. Tebow with the short pass results in a Broncos First Down!
There we go. The Broncos finally look like they’re going to drive.
6. Besides for that throw, McGahee and Moreno move the chains to field goal range. Prater misses another kick
John Fox looks like he’s going to strangle Prater. This is ridiculous! What is he doing
7. Tebow 3-4, 27 yards, 3 carries for 19 yards
If Tebow’s 3 for 4 why aren’t the Broncos throwing more?
8. Tebow 0-3 on passing in that possession, roughed up to give the Broncos a roughing the passer first down. McGahee fumbles.
Question answered. The Miami guy could have cost his team. McGahee would break his hand and the Broncos best offensive weapon would be out of contention.
9. 6-0 Florida. This is quite the game, almost halftime
By Florida, I meant Miami. All of those images of Tebow in Florida colors were confusing me. The Stadium was divided between Miami Hurricane fans and Florida (Tebow) fans. This was an NFL game right? Well they did have that ceremony honoring Tebow’s national championship team.
10. Tebow tries to flip the ball to Moreno, goes way over his head
This was his worst play of the game. Moreno was three yards away and he sent it way over his head.
11. Tebow makes a five yard pass to Denver, negated by penalty
This brought the ball deep into the Broncos own end.
12. Tebow avoids sack at end zone and runs 30 yards for the first down
Wheeling, Dealing Tebow. This was his most impressive run. The Broncos looked ready to collapse and call it a day if Tebow was sacked.
13. And then he’s sacked for 9 yards right away
RIGHT AWAY! The offensive line is awful.
14. And Tebow fumbles on 3 and 14, Broncos recover but have to punt
Tebow’s scrambling isn’t much better. I think it’s a double edged sword
15. First half stats Tim Tebow 3-5 for 24 yards, 5 carries for 44 yards. 1 fumble, recovered.
5 throws in a half? What are the Broncos doing? They’re just setting themselves up to lose? Suck for Luck
16. Tebow throws the ball 40 yards downfield, 10 yards from a receiver to start the 2nd half
That was just unbelievable. The ball wasn’t anywhere near the guy and Tebow had a ton of time
17. And Tebow sacked to end the 3 play drive
The whole scrambling thing is gone
18. Tebow runs short of the first down… Another punt! Glad that wasn’t the drinking game.
This whole procession was a waste. I’m not even sure what else happened on this drive.
19. Tebow overthrows a wide open Decker! 3 and out, punt
This would have been a touchdown. Decker had a pretty good day
20. 12-0 Miami, touchdown 2 point conversion no good
12-0. What a score
21. Tebow throws another one away, he’s 3-9
He was 3-4
22. Tebow can’t find Royal, Broncos punt again
This one was Royal’s fault. He probably should have made this catch
23. 15-0 Miami
In honor of number 15….
24. Tebow pass dropped
I think this was Willis. He was so surprised the ball came to him that he just dropped it
25. Pass to Eric Decker for 16 yards!
Tebow was in danger of being pulled for Quinn. Announcers talking about bringing Orton back before this
26. Tebow misses wide open tight end, throws it away. So bad!
Tebow has to learn how to read the field. That’s part of being an NFL Quarterback. I’m basically done with this game.
27. Another pass thrown away
28. Tebow sacked for the 5th time today to end the drive. What happened to his ability to scramble?
29. Colquitt 8 punts, 397 yards
30. My Friend Mason Poling: He’s just a really really really bad version of Micheal Vick.
31. Tebow makes the pass to Thomas followed by one to Moreno.
32. Tebow throws first big pass to Willis for 43 yards
33. Taylors gets his the sack on Tebow
He almost stripped the ball
34. He runs it to the 14 after a sack down to the 8 short of the first down
The Dolphins had him but Tebow finally found his legs again.
35. Touchdown Broncos Tebow to Demarius Thomas! with 2:44 left.
Great catch by Thomas! Saves the Broncos from being shutout for the first time since 1991
36. Play stands under review
There was really no question
37. BRONCOS GET THE ONSIDE KICK!
Here’s the thing. The game should have been over. This was a complete stroke of luck. Prater kicked it right to the Dolphins but the ball came loose
38. 3 and 1 after Tebow completion and run
39. Tebow makes the first down after two minute warning
40. Royal gets 8 after completion. 3rd and 2
41. Decker with the reception for the first down. 1:02 left
42. Willis incomplete. Fells with the 26 yard amazing catch. 1st and goal!
43. D. Thomas pass incomplete
44. Tebow drops way back and then shuffles to Fells for the Touchdown
I Think the few of us who suffered through the entire game was too excited for anything else. I was definitely in shock
45. 15-13, two point conversion coming up
I think they were going to try to incorporated Kyle Orton in this play…
46. TEBOW WITH THE QB SNEAK TIE GAME
Perfect play. Miami wasn’t even close to stopping him
47. Overtime. Broncos have to kick. Remember it’s sudden death
Kyle Orton losses the coin toss. Remember when the Lions decided to kickoff after winning the coin toss in Overtime? It still makes me laugh.
48. Dolphins go three and out. Have to punt!
49. Tebow sacked, Broncos go three and out and punt, again
Yeah, Tebow disappeared in overtime
50. Miami with two first downs in a row, at their own 42
51. DJ Williams with the strip and the recovery!
DJ saves the day! The Broncos were trying to trade him last week
52. Broncos get the ball at the 35!
53. Broncos do nothing. Set up for Matt Prater field goal for 53 yards. He’s missed two today
54. HE JUST MAKES IT BRONCOS WIN!
55. My Friend Eric Durham: AMAZING
56. My Friend Alex Schultz: What a game!! That’s entertainment.