Fantasy 101: Top 5 Quarterbacks
It’s almost fantasy football season. So in the next week or so I will have the top 5 players from each position on offense and defenses in general. I will start with the top 5 quarterbacks:
1) Aaron Rodgers-Green Bay Packers: I’m a Chicago Bears fan and I hate to say this, but Rodgers is by far the best quarterback in the league. Him sitting on the bench watching Brett Favre is the best thing that could have happened to him. To me, he’s the QB he is today because he was under Favre. He made a no name Greg Jennings into one of the better WR’s in the game. Also, Rodgers is not selfish and will pass to any of his WR’s. He makes his WR’s look better than they are and that’s what makes him a great QB.
2) Tom Brady-New England Patriots: You can never go wrong with having Brady as your starting quarterback. The Patriots re-signed his top WR in Wes Welker and that’s helps the teams and Brady on the offensive side. Since Brady has a very weak running game, he’s going to throw the ball and put up big stats. He has 2 great WR’s in Ron Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. That’s another reason Welker and Branch are always open.
3) Drew Brees-New Orlean Saints: I still think Brees is one of the most underrated players in the league. He does not get recognition like Brady, Rogers or even Manning but Brees is in the same elite group as they are. Brees does have a running game, but he will throw the ball a good amount of times. The bounty hunter scandal could come into play, but I don’t think it will have any affect on him. He did lose a deep threat in Devery Henderson, but he’s not a huge lost though. However, the Saints did keep him happy by re-signing his number 1 receiver Marques Colston. Brees is in a contract dispute right now, but he should ready for week number 1. I would not worry if I was you.
4) Cam Newton-Carolina Panthers: I know he only has one year under his belt, but in fantasy, he’s a good guy starting for your team. He will throw his share amount of touchdowns, but he will also run for a good amount of touchdowns and that’s a big plus in fantasy. I love his number 1 receiver Steve Smith as I think he’s one of the best WR’s that is not talked about. Also, I love his TE Greg Olsen who has great hands and who can make big play. Those 2 weapons and his ability to make plays on his feet, is a must have on your team.
5) Eli Manning-New York Giants: How can go wrong with Eli Manning? He’s just won 2 super bowls the last few years. I’m not going to lie, but I’m not a hug Manning fan. He doesn’t do anything spectacular, but he gets the job done. Especially with the help of Hakeem Nicks and recent pro bowl Victor Cruz. Manning will put up great numbers and you will be pleased with his play on the field.
If I were to do the top 7 quarterbacks, Peyton Manning would have been 6 and Jay Cutler would have been 7
So … there is my top 5 quarterbacks for the upcoming season. Tomorrow, I will have fantasy 101: top 5 running backs.
Jeff Blake Proof that Deflategate has Gone Too Far
When Jeff Blake is making national headlines about Deflategate, it's time the NFL media look elsewhere for Super Bowl stories. Read More