Heisman Trophy Contenders After Conference Championship Weekend

Published: 4th Dec 11 12:56 pm
Tweet
by Riley Schmitt
Big 10 Editor, NBA Featured Columnist
Introduction

1 of 6
The regular season of college football has come to a close. Now we wait for the bowls to be filled out and the inevitable hype for the national championship game begins. This also means the Heisman Trophy is presented in less than a week.

This Heisman race has seen a lot of movement from week to week. What 5 players make my final list? Did anybody knock off my favorite Trent Richardson? Find out inside!

Source: Rob Christy-US PRESSWIRE

Connect with Rant Sports
Get more Traffic

3 Rants to “Heisman Trophy Contenders After Conference Champio...”

1. Frank says:

Thanks for the love to Boise State. Kellen Moore could have had even more incredible stats than he had if he and the coach had a goal of padding stats by keeping him in when games were decided. He was out sometime in the third quarter of most games, giving other student athletes deserved time for the work they do with little recognition. But hey, this is all about hype and not whats right. Sad

2. Deke Hayes says:

Agree wholeheartedly with RGIII taking home the hardware, Riles. For all the reasons you mention, along with a lofty Kenny Anderson/Drew Brees-esque 73.4% completion rate.

What gets me is those Andy Luck groupies who still believe it’s his to lose citing
    the “Well, if Luck played in the 80′s and Stanford was BYU , just think of what his numbers would be” type speculative bs.
    It’s like, well, okay, WHY even play the schedule? Why not just let writers get together before the season begins and elect the heisman winner based on the fantasy world where their favorite candidate would fair under ideal circumstances & perfect scenario?! Geez!

Anyway, hats off to you sir.

3. Deke Hayes says:

What gets me are those Andy Luck groupies who still believe it’s his to lose citing the “Well, if Luck played in the 80′s and Stanford was BYU , just think of what his numbers would be” type speculative bs.
    It’s like, well, okay, WHY even play the schedule? Why don’t writers just get together before the season begins and elect the heisman winner based on some fantasy Peter Pan criteria, where everyone is judged on what could be in the ideal world & in the perfect scenario…rather than letting pesky relaity get in the way.

Hats off to you sir.

Leave a Rant

Agree? Disagree? Have a different opinion? Let us know what you think...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!