by Riley Schmitt
Big 10 Editor, NBA Featured Columnist

In an update to a story from earlier, ex-NBA player Javaris Crittenton was arrested today by the FBI.  Crittenton had a warrant out for his arrest on the charge of murder.  Crittenton is the main suspect in the death of a 22 year old Atlanta woman.  Crittenton is believed to have wanted revenge from an April robbery and the victim was caught in the crossfire.

This story doesn’t seem to have a happy ending.  Crittenton is just 22, but his life has taken a horrible turn.  After being embroiled in the Gilbert Arenas gun controversy, Crittenton bounced from the Wizards to the Bobcats, but couldn’t stick.  Crittenton seemingly had all the talent in the world but just couldn’t harness it.  Leaving Georgia Tech after his freshman year could have played a role.  Although some players have plenty of talent, they just aren’t ready to play in the NBA.  Crittenton is an example of that.

For Crittenton, it does not look good.  The authorities seem to have evidence that he rented the SUV that was used in the shooting.  It is almost a forgone conclusion that Crittenton is looking at jail time.  It remains to be seen how much time he spends in their.  Maybe he can be a Michael Vick.  He could use the time in jail to reflect on what he did and improve his life.  Of course, he would probably be in jail for closer to 23 years than 23 months.  It’s a shame to see another young talented life go to waste.  It’s an even bigger shame to think that he was involved in the taking of another young and vibrant life.

We will keep you updated on this story as it develops.

Connect with Rant Sports
Get more Traffic

Leave a Rant

Agree? Disagree? Have a different opinion? Let us know what you think...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!