Take a look here for the best pickups this week – along with those you should probably cut loose.
Did You Miss These Guys?
You should absolutely be paying attention to box scores and trends. If by chance one of these guys is available in your league – open a new window and grab him.
Then you can come back.
- D.J. Augustin: Owned in 100% of ESPN leagues now Augustin seems to be breaking free. He has had a double-double in two straight games, averaging 12.9 points, 7.2 assists, 3.2 rebounds, and 1.8 3-pointers on the year.
- Taj Gibson: He’s still lingering in some leagues – with an amazing 13 blocks in his previous three games. Great pickup until Boozer comes back, and even then Boozer won’t get big minutes out of the gate.
Pickups to Consider
Here are some of my favorite pickups who have a good chance of being available in your league.
- Eric Bledsoe: Double-digits in points the last 5 of 6 games, Baron Davis’ replacement should be here for a while – as Davis won’t return until Thanksgiving, according to current reports. 0.7 blocks per game for a point guard?
- Mike Dunleavy: He might have found his stroke, which makes him very dangerous in fantasy basketball. Grab him if you want, but watch very closely at least.
- Tyson Chandler: Chandler has double-digits in scoring the last three games with two double-doubles. He’s a great source of blocks and rebounds at 1.5 and 8.6, respectively.
- Kyle Lowry: With Brooks gone Lowry is expected to get his minutes. Points, assists, and steals are good here.
- Marcus Thornton: He’s getting filtered out and not worth a spot anymore.
- Leandro Barbosa: At the very least he’s not producing anywhere near worth a roster spot. Add his shoulder injury now – and it’s just better to part ways with him.
- Robin Lopez: Battling injuries still, it appears that inconsistencies have not meshed with injuries. Maybe someday, but that day wont’ be anytime soon.
- Anthony Randolph: With an ankle injury his dismal minutes may be to blame – but there is speculation that the ankle isn’t the only reason for low minutes.
Stay tuned next week for more pickups and drops. Watch injury reports and box scores to survive until then.