Fantasy NASCAR Rankings for Race at Phoenix
By Adam McGill
The Daytona was a severe disappointment around the racing community. There was a multi-car wreck and because of it only 43 cars finished the race. This season is very young and there are still many more trips to the winner’s circle up for grabs. Below are my top ten fantasy NASCAR drivers for the race at Phoenix International Speedway this weekend:
1. Tony Stewart – Stewart will be starting in second place and the defending champ has another great chance to capture the checkered flag.
2. Kevin Harvick – Harvick is averaging a seventh place finish this year and is a great sleeper for this weekend.
3. Matt Kenseth – Kenseth is currently first in the Sprint Cup Chase with 47 points .
4. Jimmie Johnson – Johnson will start fourth in the race and is definitely looking to redeem himself following last week’s disastrous car wreck.
5. Carl Edwards – Edwards has struggled to find the magic he had all last year, but he still is a premier option for the race.
6. Greg Biffle – The veteran has been a pleasant surprise this season, but is still being overlooked in almost every fantasy league.
7. Mark Martin – Martin is currently sitting on the pole, but it is a long race for him to keep up the 136.8 MPH that he averaged in qualifying.
8. Kasey Kahne – The fan favorite has disappointed so far this season, but expect a solid performance out of him in Phoenix.
9. Kyle Bush – Bush always races strong at Phoenix, with 7 career top-ten finishes in the desert.
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. – “Junior” will have a tough time finding room to move, as he starts all the way back at 29th.