Fantasy Golf Rankings for the Valero Texas Open
This year’s Valero Texas Open may not have the shootout that the Masters had, but it still going to be an exciting weekend in fantasy golf. Below are my top fantasy golfers for the Valero Texas Open this weekend:
1. Charley Hoffman – Hoffman is by far the favorite to win the event, as he has always shot flawlessly on this course. He has placed in the top-13, five of his six career appearances at the event and is the only sure thing to earn a top-ten finish this weekend.
2. Matt Kuchar – Kuchar may have had a rough outing last weekend, but he still had two rounds where he shot a 69. He will be one of the only big names at the event and his recent popularity will only cause his value to go up.
3. Fredrik Jacobson – The “Scandinavian Slicer” can really crush the ball off the tees and he could easily get up a couple strokes on his competition by simply outdriving them. He loves how open this course is and has finished in the top-five three years in a row (tied for fifth in 2011, second in 2010, tied for fifth in 2009) at the VTO.
4. Spencer Levin – The kid is averaging 68.6 strokes per round this year and is one golfer that no one is talking about.
5. Johnson Wagner – After missing the cut at the Masters many people will be shying away from JW. He will still be a decent late pick for the event, but Wagner’s average of 75.3 has been pretty ugly over his last three rounds.
6. Jimmy Walker – Walker has shot a combined 3 under in his last three events, which may no be Dy-no-mite, but that type of consistency will definitely put him in contention for a top-ten finish.
7. Harris English – English has struggled this season with approach shots, but his 302 yards per drive is eighth best on the entire tour.
8. K. J. Choi – Choi only has one top-ten finish in 8 events in 2012, but the lack of stiff competitors really bodes well for the international star.
9. J. B. Holmes – JBH shot a spectacular 11 under at the Shell Houston Open earlier this month and is averaging 69 strokes per round over his last five rounds of PGA golf.
10. Harrison Frazar – Frazar has missed the cut in four consecutive events, but loves the crisp grass of the Texas course.
Fantasy Football 2015 Early Wide Receiver Rankings
It's never too early to look ahead to the 2015 fantasy football season. With the wide receiver position filled with talent, it's hard to differentiate between them all. Here are my top-10 rankings. Read More
2015 Fantasy Baseball: Padres Acquire Justin Upton
The San Diego Padres have acquired OF Justin Upton. Will the move have a dramatic impact on his fantasy value in 2015? Read More