The beginning of the race at Kansas Speedway will feature some very unfamiliar faces in the top ten, but odds are that there will be some regulars in the top-ten by the time the checkered flag is dropped. Below are my top fantasy NASCAR drivers for the STP 400:
1. Kevin Harvick – Harvick has finished 11th or better in four of his last five races.
2. Denny Hamlin – Hamlin will start fourth this weekend and is easily one of the favorites to take home the checkered flag.
3. Martin Truex Jr. – Truex Jr. has four straight finishes in the top-ten and has become a fantasy NASCAR superstar at this point in his career.
4. Tony Stewart – Stewart has a horrible starting spot at 23rd, but if anyone can move up from the back it is Stewart.
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. – “Junior” is having a career season and should break his win-less streak any week now.
6. Brad Keselowski – Keselowski won the event at Kansas last year after starting 25th so except another solid performance from the youngster.
7. Clint Bowyer – Bowyer has been tearing up both the Nationwide and NASCAR series this year, so expect another solid performance from the #15 car.
8. Kasey Kahne – Kahne is coming off his best finish of the year after finishing 7th last week at Texas and he gets to start in 9th place for the race this weekend.
9. A.J. Allmendinger – AJA stole the pole position for the race at Kansas, but he started 2nd at Bristol and ended up finishing 15th.
10. Greg Biffle - “The Biff” continues to race hard each week and is having a career season.