The Zurich Classic has drawn some heavy hitters this year, and will be a great event for fantasy junkies. Below are my top fantasy golfers for the event in Louisiana:
2. Luke Donald – The former number one in the world has been very erratic over his last two outings with an average score of 72.1 strokes per round. However, he always plays well at the New Orleans course, so expect him to come up big in the Big Easy this weekend.
3. Steve Stricker – Stricker has finished in the top-15 three of his last four times at the event and is one of the best picks to win this weekend.
4. Keegan Bradley – Bradley will be looking to rebound from his rough outing at the Masters. He has one of the best approach shots on the tour, which allows him to compete on every single hole regardless of where his drive ends up.
5. Graeme McDowell – The Northern Irish star can crush the ball off the tee and his driving power will keep him competitive throughout the whole tournament.
6. Webb Simpson – Simpson placed second in the event last year with an unbelievable score of 15 under, and ended up losing to Bubba Watson in a very close playoff series. Simpson is a great sleeper for the Louisiana event and should be watched closely until the final rounds on Sunday afternoon.
7. Jason Dufner – The “Duff-man” has been swinging a very hot club as of late and has finished even or lower in four of his last five outings.
8. Ernie Els – Els missed the cut last weekend, but is eager to play down in the Bayou.
9. Justin Rose – “J-Rose” is averaging a phenomenal 69.6 strokes per round over his last five tournaments.
10. Charles Howell III – CH3 has never missed the cut at this event and is a great sleeper to grab late.