Fantasy Golf Rankings for Byron Nelson Championship
The Byron Nelson Championship may not be the most star riddled event on the tour card this year, but it certainly is a great place to play. The greens are fast, the course is dry, and it is always a place that gets beautiful weather. Below are my fantasy golf rankings for the tournament down in Irving, Texas this weekend:
1. Keegan Bradley – Bradley is the defending champion of the event after shooting a meager 3 under last year. He loves playing in the dry courses down in Texas and will have a strong showing this weekend.
2. Jason Day – Day won the event in 2010 and knows the greens better than anyone at the event this year.
3. Phil Mickelson – Mickelson has not finished inside of the top-25 in either of his last two tournaments and seems to be turning very slowly on his drives. With that being said no other golfer on the tour can turn things around quicker then “Lefty”, so expect him to start his comeback this weekend at the BNC.
4. Matt Kuchar – Kuchar won The Player Championship last weekend by shooting a flawless 13 under at Sawgrass. However, he has only participated in the BNC once in the last four years, so he may be a little rusty in the first round.
5. Johnson Wagner – JW has one of the best approach shots on the tour and knows how to lay it up on the green. Look for him to at least end up a couple strokes under this weekend.
6. Ernie Els – Els has not played in the tournament since he finished thirteenth in 2006, but he is drawing a lot of attention this weekend and is a solid fantasy pickup.
7. Jason Dufner – “Duffman” has been erratic over the couple month. He won the Zurich Classis, finished 68th last week at the Player Championship, and finished 24th at the Masters. It is hard to say which golfer will show up, so it safe to expect a performance somewhere in the middle from Dufner.
8. Louis Oosthuizen – Before missing the cut last second, Oosthuizen had two consecutive finishes inside the top-three.
9. Jhonattan Vegas – Veags is playing his best golf of the year, as his seventh place finish last weekend was his best in 2012.
10. Vijay Singh – The veteran is in a very strong grouping, with Dufner and Oosthuizen, and having previously won the event in 2003, is very experienced at the course.
Denard Robinson Faces Tough Fantasy Test in Week 8
Jaguars RB Denard Robinson took the fantasy football world by storm in Week 7, so will he have the same success in Week 8 against the Miami Dolphins? Read More