Fantasy Golf Rankings for Memorial Tournament
The Memorial Tournament certainly has a star-studded field and has the feel of the Masters. It will feature some of the best golfers in the world and will be a great tournament for fantasy fans to take part in. Below are my top fantasy golfers for the Memorial Tournament this weekend at Muirfield Village:
1. Luke Donald – How can you pick against the guy who is ranked number one in the world?
2. Phil Mickelson – Mickelson has never won the event, but has been improving each time he plays here.
3. Rickie Fowler – Fowler has four straight top-10 finishes and has become a fantasy star.
4. Tiger Woods – Woods has finished in the top-20 each of his last five appearances at the Memorial; 19th in 2010, 1st in 2009, 15th in 2007, 3rd in 2005, and 3rd in 2004.
5. Rory McIlroy – McIlroy has been playing extremely mediocre over the last couple months, but will pick it up as the summer weather comes along.
6. Steve Stricker – Stricker won the event last with an amazing score of 16 under.
7. Justin Rose – Rose won the event in 2010 and will be watched very closely this weekend.
8. Jim Furyk – “Furious Furyk” is one of the best out of the tee box on the tour and it will keep him ahead of the field for most of the tournament.
9. Adam Scott – Scott posted three straight top-15 finishes before missing the cut at the HP Byron Nelson Championship, so expect him to rebound this weekend.
10. Ernie Els – The “Big Easy” has remained competitive all year and looked outstanding a couple weeks ago when he finished 19 under in a second place finish at the Zurich Classic.
Fantasy Football Week 5 Sleeper: Christine Michael
Christine Michael is in line for an increased role for the Dallas Cowboys, but should fantasy football owners buy into any potential for Week 5? Read More
Fantasy Football Week Start or Sit: DeMarco Murray
DeMarco Murray has had a dismal start to his Philadelphia Eagles tenure. Can he turn things around for his fantasy football owners in Week 5? Read More