TPC Southwind always draws some big names, as many golfers are trying to perfect their swing heading into the US Open. Below are my top fantasy golfers for the FedEx St. Jude Classic down in Memphis, Tennessee:
1. Zach Johnson – Johnson is on fire right now; as he won the Crowne Plaza Invitational, placed second at Sawgrass, and placed second at the RBC Heritage Open.
2. Graeme McDowell – McDowell is the best out of the tee box on the entire tour, as he is leading everyone by hitting 74.7% of his drives on the fairway or green.
3. Rory McIlroy - McIlroy has missed the cut at two consecutive PGA events, but he will only get better as the US Open approaches.
4. Spencer Levin – Levin has shot 5 under in three of his last four tournament appearances and he is a very consistent golfer from round to round.
5. Dustin Johnson – DJ has finished inside the top-20 in four of his last five tournaments.
6. Harrison Frazar – Frazar won the event in 2010 and is still not getting any attention this weekend. He will be a great sleeper to grab late.
7. Robert Karlsson – The Sweed finished second at the event last year and ended up losing in a lengthy playoff to the aforementioned Frazar.
8. Martin Laird – The Scotsman finished second has Sawgrass and loves the dry, southern courses.
9. Ryo Ishikawa – Ishikawa finished ninth last weekend at the Memorial Tournament and the kid is getting more confident with every swing.
10. Davis Love III – Every year there is a veteran that steps up and DV3 is having a very respectable season.