Michigan International Speedway is one of the fattest tracks on the NASCAR circuit with the majority of the field qualifying at over 200 MPH. Below is my fantasy rankings for the race at MIS:
1. Denny Hamlin - Hamlin has amazingly won two of his last three races at Michigan.
2. Matt Kenneth – Kenseth is the hottest driver going right now, as he has finished in the top-11 in each of his last ten races.
3. Kevin Harvick - Harvick has been on fire since Mother’s Day, as he has posted four straight finishes inside the top-15.
4. Tony Stewart - Stewart’s third place finish last weekend is very promising for fantasy owners, as he is finally looking like the guy who won the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Championship.
5. Jimmie Johnson - Johnson has never won a race at Michigan , despite finishing in the top-10 in eight different races there. Look for him to easily crack the top-10 on Sunday.
6. Marcos Ambrose - Ambrose has cracked the top-15 in four of his last five races and will be sitting on the pole when the race starts this weekend.
7. Kyle Busch - Busch also is a past winner at the track, as he won the earlier race last year. He is racing hard in each race and will be an easy top-10 pick this weekend.
8. Carl Edwards - Edwards loves racing at Michigan, as he dominated the two races he won in his career.
9. Dale Earnhardt Jr. - Junior has moved all the way up to second in points (513) and is finally be recognized for his career season.
10. Greg Biffle - Biffle has won the race at Michigan twice throughout his career and will be a great sleeper this weekend.