The Travelers Championship will be a welcomed change from the windy, fast greened course at Olympic last weekend. Cromwell, Connecticut may not draw the same crowd that the U. S. Open did, but it is still a tournament rich with fantasy golf stars. Below are my full fantasy rankings for the Travelers Championship:
1. Michael Thompson – Thompson just missed winning the U. S. Open last weekend and played a beautiful couple rounds. He is one of the best on the greens, something that can keep him competitive in any tournament.
2. Fredrik Jacobson – Jacobson won the event in 2011 and is really playing great right now.
3. Webb Simpson – Simpson finished his dream round at the Open by hoisting the trophy at the end. It was his first major victory of his young career and the 26-year old will have all the confidence in the world this weekend.
4. Zach Johnson – Johnson has a rough outing last weekend at Olympic, but he shot an amazing 11 under at this event last year. Fantasy owners should expect a similar score this weekend, as “ZJ” loves playing at the Cromwell course.
5. Hunter Mahan – Mahan looked strong last weekend, despite only finishing 38th at the Open. He has shown signs of life over the last couple weeks and is really hitting his driver well out of the tee box.
6. Matt Kuchar – Kuchar has finished 27th or better in five consecutive tournaments and is a great pick this weekend.
7. Bo Van Pelt – BVP has finished in the top-25 each of his last nine Travelers Championships.
8. Cameron Tringale – The 24-year old has 4 top-10 finishes this year and has really established himself as a true PGA pro.
9. Harris English – English is a great sleeper this weekend and is off virtually everyone’s radar.
10. Ryan Moore – Moore is one of the more inconsistent golfers on the tour, but when he is on, he is really on.