Fantasy Golf Rankings for the John Deere Classic
The John Deere Classic may not have the most well known field, or it may not be the most prestigious course, but thanks to its sponsor ,the course will no doubt be in fantastic condition. Below are my fantasy golf rankings for the John Deere Classic this weekend:
1. Steve Stricker – Stricker has amazingly won the event three consecutive years, by averaging an incredible 65.3 strokes per round during his winning streak. He is the obvious fantasy favorite this weekend.
2. Charley Hoffman – Hoffman shot an unbelievable 13 under the last time he was at the event in 2009.
3. Mark Wilson – Wilson went 10 under at the event last year and had three rounds under 69 strokes.
4. Spencer Levin – The youngster has three top-ten finishes this year and will shine on the crisp greens at the John Deere Classic.
5. Jonathan Byrd – The “Birdman” has five top-ten finishes this year and is a sleeper to keep an eye on.
6. Harrison Frazar – Frazar has shot under 70 strokes in four of his last six rounds at the event.
7. Charles Howell III – CH3 went 16 under last year at the JDC and the veteran loves the open fairways on the course.
8. Zach Johnson – Johnson has cooled off since his amazing stretch earlier last month, where he finished first at the Crowne Plaza Invitational, second at the Players Championship, and second at the RBC Heritage.
9. Nick Watney – Watney has not competed at the event since 2008, where he missed the cut, but the 31-year old has been playing much better over the last several weeks.
10. K. J. Choi – Choi is hit or miss every week, but he still is one of the most accurate golfers out of the tee box.