The Magic Mile has sharp turns and long straightaways, two things that will keep fantasy NASCAR fans glued to the TV this weekend. The season is really hitting full throttle and there are not many races left until the chase starts. Below are my fantasy NASCAR rankings for the race at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway:
1. Jimmie Johnson – Johnson is another three-time champion at New Hampshire and has always excelled on the “Magical Mile”.
2. Jeff Gordon – Gordon has the record for top-five finishes (14), top-ten finishes (18), laps completed (9,254), and the record for most laps led (1,207). The only record Gordon does not own is wins, as his 3 track victories is only one less then currently record holder, Jeff Burton’s 4 track victories. Expect JG to push his Chevrolet car hard again this weekend to try to tie Burton for the most wins at the track in the “Granite State”.
3. Tony Stewart – Stewart won the race here last September and the defending champ is finally racing like someone is chasing him.
4. Kyle Busch – Busch will begin the race sitting on the pole and is looking to grab his second win of the year.
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. – The new winless streak is up to three races for “Junior”, just how long will this one last?
6. Denny Hamlin – Hamlin has 8 top-five finishes already this year.
7. Martin Truex Jr. – “MTJ” may be in a little slump with only two top-ten finishes in his last seven races, but the kid is learning with every race.
8. Brad Keselowski – Keselowski has won three races this year and has finished inside the top-20 in eleven consecutive races.
9. Clint Bowyer – Bowyer is a great sleeper this weekend, as not many people have noticed his two victories (2007 and 2010) at Loudon.
10. Matt Kenseth – Kenseth is having a dream season and is currently atop the Chase Cup points leader board.