With the U.S. Open and British Open going on over the last couple weeks, the Canadian Open is next big tournament on the tour schedule. Below are my full fantasy golf rankings for the tournament across the border this weekend:
1. Hunter Mahan – Mahan has three consecutive top-20 performances, including his 19th place finish last weekend at the British Open.
2. Ernie Els – The “Elk” shocked the world last weekend by winning the British Open by shooting an amazing score of 7 under.
3. Jim Furyk – The “Ferocious Furyk” won the Canadian Open in 2006 and in 2007, including the last time it was at Hamilton G&CC in Ontario.
4. Matt Kuchar – Kuchar has made 22 consecutive cuts and has seven top-10 finishes.
5. Brandt Snedker – Snedker shockingly led the British Open for the first 36 holes, but fell apart after a long string of bogeys. Regardless of how it ended, Snedker has proved that he has what it takes to contend at a major tournament.
6. Vijay Singh – The veteran won the event in 2004 and will be a great sleeper this weekend.
7. Cameron Tringale – The 24-year old has struggled in recent tournaments, but with four top-10 finishes in 2012, this kid has officially arrived.
8. Bo Van Pelt – “BVP” finished 20th at the Canadian Open in his last appearance at the event in 2006.
9. Harris English – English continues to get better each week and it is only a matter of time until he really shows up at a big tournament.
10. Charl Schwartzel – The Johannesburg native has fared well in his 9 stateside tournaments this year, with two top-10 finishes.