The WGC-Bridgestone Invitational will be a huge tournament this weekend, especially with the PGA Championship right around the corner. Below are my fantasy golf rankings for the last WGC tourney of the year:
1. Tiger Woods – Woods has won the event 7 times throughout his illustrious career, so expect another stellar performance this weekend.
2. Adam Scott – Scott is the defending champion at the tournament and will put up another strong showing in Akron.
3. Zach Johnson – In Johnson’s last nine tournaments; he has two wins, two second place finishes, and a ninth place finish.
4. Luke Donald – Donald was the runner up in 2011 and the number one ranked player in the world will be extra hungry this weekend for a victory.
5. Lee Westwood – Westwood has finished in the top-10 in three of his last four appearances at the Bridgestone Invitational.
6. Rickie Fowler – Fowler shot an incredible 13 under last year at the Firestone Course and the 23-year old has become a legitimate contender each week.
7. Hunter Mahan - Mahan won the event in 2010 and the veteran is having a career season.
8. Matt Kuchar – The youngster has been in every tournament this year and is a great sleeper pick after the top five guys come off the board.
9. Rory McIlroy – In his last two appearances at the Bridgestone Invitational, McIlroy placed ninth in 2010 and sixth in 2011.
10. Bubba Watson – Watson has cracked the top-25 in two consecutive tournaments at Firestone.