The second race of the year in the Poconos will be the most exciting, as the start to the chase is only seven weeks away. It is also one of the toughest courses on the circuit this year, so make sure to study hard before making your picks. Below are my fantasy NASCAR rankings for the Pennsylvania 400 this weekend:
1. Jimmie Johnson – Johnson has the best average finish in the history of the course (9th), making “Double J” a huge favorite this weekend.
2. Tony Stewart – Stewart finished third at the Poconos earlier in the year, which is amazing considering he started 22nd, so do not let his 28th place start this weekend concern you.
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. – “Junior” is atop the point standing right now, and Earnhardt is racing as well as he ever has.
4. Juan Pablo Montoya – “JPM” will be sitting on the pole when the race starts, so expect him to easily finish within the top-10.
5. Joey Logano – Logano has won the pole at the Poconos the two previous races, including earlier this year where he won the Pocono 400.
6. Jeff Gordon – Gordon is tied with Mark Martin with 5 wins at the track, but has been disappointing race after race this year, not to mention his 27th place start this weekend.
7. Brad Keselowski – Keselowski has finished inside the top-ten in four straight races, so expect him to start climbing from his 31st place start from the first lap.
8. Denny Hamlin – Hamlin has won at the Poconos four times since 2006 and will be a great sleeper this weekend.
9. Kasey Kahne – Kahne has 2 wins this year and has finished inside the top-15 four of his last five races.
10. Carl Edwards – Edwards has only finished inside the top-10 once in his last five races, but he loves the tight turns of the Poconos course.