The NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase is only a couple weeks away, so drivers will keep their foot on the floor for the next several races. This weekend’s race is at the Michigan International Speedway (MIS) and will be another huge for fantasy fans. To help you during your draft, here are my fantasy NASCAR picks for the race this weekend:
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr. – “Junior’s” last two wins have come at the Michigan track, so expect him to make it interesting this weekend.
2. Tony Stewart – Stewart finished second at Michigan earlier in the year, but he was forgotten with Junior’s long over due trip to the winner’s circle. Stewart loves the standard track of Michigan and will be racing hard this weekend.
3. Jimmie Johnson – Johnson has 9 top-10 finishes at Michigan and will be one of the safest picks this weekend.
4. Brad Keselowski – Keselowski is a top-10 machine and will be a driver to watch all race this weekend.
5. Jeff Gordon – Gordon has not won here since 2001, but he has been a completely different driver over the last month. Look for Gordon to solidify his spot in the chase this weekend.
6. Kurt Busch – Busch has dominated this track as of late by winning the pole at Michigan in 2 of his last five races.
7. Kasey Kahne – Kahne has really stepped on the gas over the last couple months with seven consecutive top-15 finishes. He also won here in 2006, after starting the race sitting in the pole, so he has shown that he can win here in the past.
8. Carl Edwards – Edwards has struggled at times this year, but he has started to turn it around as of late. Edwards will be back in the top-10 this weekend, so draft him accordingly.
9. Martin Truex Jr. – MTJ has recorded 12 top-10 finishes already this year and has become a fantasy NASCAR star.
10. Matt Kenseth – Kenseth has struggled in recent weeks, but the veteran remains only 2 points behind the current leader, Jimmie Johnson.