The Barclays is one of the more popular non-major tournaments of the year. All the bigs name will be participating this weekend, making it a huge time for fantasy golf fanatics. Below are my fantasy golf rankings for The Barclays in Farmingdale, NY this weekend:
1. Rory McIlory – McIlory put all criticism to rest last weekend by winning the second major of his young career.
2. Tiger Woods – Woods is atop of the PGA money list and seems to be on the verge of putting it all back together. Woods will be a popular fantasy pick in every tournament for the rest of the year.
3. Dustin Johnson – Johnson won The Barclays last year by shooting an amazing 19 under.
4. Bubba Watson – Watson has four top-25 finishes in his last four tournaments and he is starting to look like the golfer that won the Masters earlier this year.
5. Graeme McDowell – McDowell has finished inside the top-25 in his last four appearances, including two top-5 finishes.
6. Justin Rose – In his last 12 state-side tournaments, Rose has finished inside the top-15 eight times.
7. Webb Simpson – Simpson will bring his amazing short game with him to the crisp greens of the Black Course this weekend.
8. Matt Kuchar – Kuchar won the event in 2010 and was runner up last year. He will be a great golfer to grab under the radar this weekend.
9. Luke Donald – The number two-ranked player in the world is a different golfer when he comes to the states, so expect another mediocre outing from #2.
10. Hunter Mahan – Mahan has four top-10 finishes this year, but his inconsistent play will always make him a risky pickup.