The Ryder Cup is over and many of the big names on the PGA tour are still recovering. However, there is still a full field for the Frys.com Open, so it is just another excuse for fantasy fanatics to compete against each other. To help you this week, here is my complete fantasy golf report for the Frys.com Open:
Tournament: Frys.com Open
Location: CordeValle Golf Course, San Martin, California
Date: October 11-14 2012
1. Nicolas Colsaerts – Colsaerts will be riding high after a huge Ryder Cup victory last week. He will be playing with some extra confidence this week, so expect the European captain to put on quite a show.
2. Jeff Overton – Ovie has three consecutive finishes under par, including an 11 under at the JT Shriners and a 12 under at the Deutsche Bank Championship.
3. Bud Cauley – Cauley has 6 top-10 finishes this season.
4. Luke Guthrie – In his 3 PGA tournaments this year, Guthrie has finished inside the top-19 in all three events. He is averaging an amazing 68.3 strokes per round and will be a great sleeper this week.
5. Ernie Els – Els has finished inside the top-28 in three straight outings.
6. John Rollins – Rollins finished sixth at the Frys.com Open last year, and the veteran is always strong out of the tee box.
7. Fredrik Jacobson – The Swede should shine this weekend against a very limited field.
8. Brandon Steele – Steele finished seventh at this event last year.
9. Richard H. Lee – The rookie is picking it up this Fall and will be someone to watch closely outside of the top-5.
10. Jonas Blixt – JB was on fire in Las Vegas last week as he shot an incredible 20 strokes under par.
Ben Curtis – Curtis is great with his woods and even better with his putter, but he tends to disappear on these bigger courses.
Jimmy Walker – Walker has 5 top-10 finishes this year and he will love the fast greens at CordeValle.
Hole To Watch:
HOLE #18 – The last hole of the course is a brutal par-5. The hole is completely open on the right side, which can be enticing for heavy-hitters, but the left side is dominated by a giant water hazard. It will certainly keep golfers on their toes as they finish the tournament; so make sure to watch this hole in particular.
Nicolas Colsaerts wins with a score of 12 under par.