Fantasy Basketball: Kevin Love and Other November 27 Studs
Fantasy Basketball 2012 November 27 Best Performers
From great scoring performances to solid showings on defense featuring plenty of steals and blocks, elite individual performances can help owners win categories in Week 5 matchups. On Monday, November 26, Portland Trail Blazers PF/C LaMarcus Aldridge, New York Knicks C Tyson Chandler and Knicks SF/PF Carmelo Anthony made up the top three studs from yesterday. From Aldridge’s big 32-point, 10-rebound outing against the Detroit Pistons to Chandler’s career-high in points against the Brooklyn Nets, these players certainly provided great fantasy performances for their owners in Week 5.
With five games on Tuesday, November 27, 2012, fantasy squads had plenty of opportunities to improve their statistics in different categories. Who else provided fantasy owners with great numbers on this day of NBA action?
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 Honorable Mentions:
10. Indiana Pacers PF David West – 16 points, 10 rebounds, eight assists, two blocks
9. Philadelphia 76ers SG/SF Evan Turner – 22 points (4-5 free throws, two made 3-pointers), four rebounds, four assists
8. Houston Rockets C Omer Asik – 13 points, 18 rebounds, two steals
7. Phoenix Suns PG Goran Dragic – 19 points (4-4 free throws, three made 3-pointers), five rebounds, seven assists, two steals
6. Rockets PG Jeremy Lin – 16 points, four rebounds, 10 assists, three steals
* The players’ percentage owned numbers for Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Basketball leagues and player statistics are accurate as of Tuesday, November 27, 2012. Player ranks are determined according to ESPN’s Daily Leaders list. FGM-A = Field Goals Made-Attempted, FTM-A = Free Throws Made-Attempted, 3PM-A = 3-Pointers Made-Attempted, GP = Games Played, PTS = Points, REB = Rebounds, AST = Assists, STL = Steals, BLK = Blocks, TO = Turnovers.
1. PF/C Kevin Love, Minnesota Timberwolves
Statistics: 44 minutes, 8-17 FGM-A, 5-6 FTM-A, 2-8 3PM-A, 23 PTS, 24 REB, 2 AST, 2 STL, 1 BLK, 2 TO
Season averages: 4 GP, .416 FG%, .675 FT%, 1.3 3PTM, 24.0 PTS, 16.5 REB, 1.8 AST, 1.8 ST, 0.5 BLK, 2.0 TO
Love continues his impressive run since debuting last week with the league’s first 20-20 game of the season. With news of Love possibly taking his padded protective glove off sooner rather than later, his shooting woes could end soon, which would only improve his fantasy value even more.
2. SG Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
2. SG Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers (vs. Pacers, 100% owned)
Statistics: 44 minutes, 12-28 FGM-A, 11-13 FTM-A, 5-11 3PM-A, 40 PTS, 10 REB, 3 AST, 3 STL, 0 BLK, 10 TO
Season averages: 15 GP, .502 FG%, .871 FT%, 2.1 3PTM, 27.7 PTS, 5.3 REB, 4.9 AST, 1.5 ST, 0.0 BLK, 4.1 TO
Bryant’s scoring average continues to rise in coach Mike D’Antoni’s offense, as he tied a season-high with 40 points against the Pacers. Also recording his second double-double of the season, he accomplished all of this despite playing with flu-like symptoms. Bryant continues to produce amazing numbers at this stage of his career.
3. SG/SF James Harden, Houston Rockets
3. SG/SF James Harden, Rockets (vs. Toronto Raptors, 100% owned)
Statistics: 44 minutes, 9-19 FGM-A, 2-3 FTM-A, 4-8 3PM-A, 24 PTS, 6 REB, 12 AST, 3 STL, 1 BLK, 4 TO
Season averages: 14 GP, .442 FG%, .832 FT%, 2.0 3PTM, 25.1PTS, 4.4 REB, 5.4 AST, 1.8 ST, 0.6 BLK, 4.1 TO
While Asik and Lin both had good games for the Rockets win, it was Harden who once again led the team to victory with another productive shooting night. His contributions did not end there, as he put up his first double-double since opening night where he wowed the NBA with 37 points and 12 assists in his Rocket debut.
4. PF/C Anderson Varejao, Cleveland Cavaliers
4. PF/C Anderson Varejao, Cleveland Cavaliers (vs. Suns, 93% owned)
Statistics: 38 minutes, 10-15 FGM-A, 0-0 FTM-A, 0-0 3PM-A, 20 PTS, 18 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK, 4 TO
Season averages: 14 GP, .525 FG%, .778 FT%, 0.0 3PTM, 14.5 PTS, 14.9 REB, 3.2 AST, 1.5 ST, 0.4 BLK, 1.9 TO
A solid 20-point game from 10-for-15 shooting, Varejao made his presence felt by crashing the boards against the likes of Marcin Gortat. His sixth straight double-double with at least 15 rebounds, his range has also improved on offense, only adding to his growth as a scorer. Given the streak he’s on in terms of rebounding, Varejao has become an invaluable fantasy contributor.
5. SG/SF Tyreke Evans, Sacramento Kings
5. SG/SF Tyreke Evans, Kings (vs. Timberwolves, 91% owned)
Statistics: 36 minutes, 9-14 FGM-A, 0-0 FTM-A, 2-3 3PM-A, 20 PTS, 7 REB, 6 AST, 2 STL, 2 BLK, 2 TO
Season averages: 14 GP, .455 FG%, .843 FT%, 0.4 3PTM, 14.9 PTS, 5.1 REB, 3.8 AST,1.4 ST, 0.6 BLK, 2.1 TO
Since his move out of the starting point guard position, Evans has not been the same. Against the Timberwolves, he had the well-balanced game that owners hoped for on a consistent basis when drafting him. In his last five games, he has averaged 21 points, 5.4 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 1.4 steals a game.
Fantasy Football Week 12: Sit All Redskins Players
The Washington Redskins have a tough matchup in Week 12 against the San Francisco 49ers. The quarterback isn't playing well, which doesn't bode well for the receivers or tight end. Bench them all. Read More