Fantasy Basketball: Jeremy Lin and Other December 10 Studs
Fantasy Basketball 2012 December 10 Best Performers
From great scoring performances to solid showings on defense featuring plenty of steals and blocks, elite individual performances can help owners win categories in Week 7 matchups. On Sunday, December 9, PG Brandon Jennings, PG/SG Mo Williams and SF/PF Carmelo Anthony made up the top three studs from yesterday. From Jennings’ well-rounded game against the Brooklyn Nets to Williams’ strong showing in a win against the Los Angeles Lakers, these players certainly provided great fantasy performances for their owners in Week 6.
With six games on Monday, December 10, 2012, fantasy squads had plenty of opportunities to improve their statistics in different categories. Who else provided fantasy owners with great numbers on this day of NBA action?
Monday, December 10, 2012 Honorable Mentions:
10. PG/SG Dwyane Wade – 26 points, four rebounds
9. SG Manu Ginobili – 22 points (5-6 free throws, three made 3-pointers), five rebounds, six assists
8. SG/SF Evan Turner – 18 points, 11 rebounds, seven assists
7. PG Stephen Curry – 27 points (four made 3-pointers), seven rebounds, seven assists
6. PG Jrue Holiday – 25 points, five rebounds, eight assists, two steals
* The players’ percentage owned numbers for Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Basketball leagues and player statistics are accurate as of Monday, December 10, 2012. Player ranks are determined according to ESPN’s Daily Leaders list. FGM-A = Field Goals Made-Attempted, FTM-A = Free Throws Made-Attempted, 3PM-A = 3-Pointers Made-Attempted, GP = Games Played, PTS = Points, REB = Rebounds, AST = Assists, STL = Steals, BLK = Blocks, TO = Turnovers.
5. PF/C David Lee, Golden State Warriors
Statistics: 35 minutes, 10-14 FGM-A, 5-5 FTM-A, 0-0 3PM-A, 25 PTS, 11 REB, 4 AST, 1 STL, 0 BLK, 3 TO
Season averages: 21 GP, .514 FG%, .789 FT%, 0.0 3PTM, 18.8 PTS, 11.2 REB, 3.5 AST, 1.0 ST, 0.2 BLK, 2.7 TO
As the most experienced big man on the floor, Lee dominated the Bobcats. Playing particularly well on the team’s current road trip, he has been a solid double-double machine for fantasy owners.
4. SF/PF LeBron James, Miami Heat
Statistics: 40 minutes, 10-16 FGM-A, 6-7 FTM-A, 1-2 3PM-A, 27 PTS, 7 REB, 6 AST, 2 STL, 0 BLK, 3 TO
Season averages: 19 GP, .543 FG%, .664 FT%, 1.4 3PTM, 25.2 PTS, 8.8 REB, 6.8 AST, 1.4 ST, 0.8 BLK, 2.6 TO
In what was a comfortable win for the Heat, James had another solid all-around fantasy outing. Getting his usual number of points, rebounds and assists, his everyday production has really been instrumental in the success of many fantasy squads this season.
3. PF/C LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland Trail Blazers
Statistics: 39 minutes, 11-19 FGM-A, 6-7 FTM-A, 1-2 3PM-A, 30 PTS, 12 REB, 0 AST, 2 STL, 2 BLK, 1 TO
Season averages: 20 GP, .457 FG%, .798 FT%, 0.0 3PTM, 21.0 PTS, 8.3 REB, 2.4 AST, 1.0 ST, 1.3 BLK, 2.1 TO
Aldridge recorded his fourth-straight double-double on Monday against the Raptors. Leading the Trail Blazers in scoring in three of the last four games, his reliable numbers have made him a top fantasy option this season.
2. PG Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
Statistics: 43 minutes, 9-18 FGM-A, 8-9 FTM-A, 1-3 3PM-A, 27 PTS, 12 REB, 12 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 3 TO
Season averages: 20 GP, .513 FG%, .797 FT%, 0.4 3PTM, 18.9 PTS, 3.5 REB, 7.6 AST, 0.8 ST, 0.2 BLK, 2.2 TO
Parker needed a little help from an overtime period to do it, but he had his first career triple-double in a win over the Rockets. Never known for his rebounding, he was able to contribute in that category and from the free throw line for a great fantasy stat line.
1. PG Jeremy Lin, Houston Rockets
1. PG Jeremy Lin, Rockets (vs. Spurs, 88% owned)
Statistics: 42 minutes, 11-21 FGM-A, 12-12 FTM-A, 4-5 3PM-A, 38 PTS, 3 REB, 7 AST, 2 STL, 2 BLK, 2 TO
Season averages: 20 GP, .395 FG%, .846 FT%, 0.9 3PTM, 11.4 PTS, 4.2 REB, 6.1 AST, 1.9 ST, 0.4 BLK, 2.7 TO
With James Harden out with a right ankle sprain, Lin broke out with a career-high 38 points against the Spurs. Required to be more than just a passer and facilitator, he had the freedom to put up a season-high 21 shot attempts in the loss. This game could potentially be a positive sign for Lin breaking out of his slump.
Fantasy Football 2015 Buy or Sell: TE Jimmy Graham
Entering his first season with a new team that loves to run, will Jimmy Graham be an elite fantasy TE for 2015? Read More