Fantasy Basketball: Carlos Boozer and Other January 16 Studs
Fantasy Basketball 2013: January 16 Best Performers
From great scoring performances to solid showings on defense featuring plenty of steals and blocks, elite individual performances can help owners win categories in Week 12 matchups. On Tuesday, January 15, C Dwight Howard, PG Jrue Holiday and SG Kobe Bryant made up the top three studs from yesterday. From Howard’s return to prominence with 31 points and 16 rebounds against the Milwaukee Bucks to Holiday’s big output in a big loss to the surging New Orleans Hornets, these players certainly provided great fantasy performances for their owners in Week 12.
With 10 games on Wednesday, January 16, 2013, fantasy squads had plenty of opportunities to improve their statistics in different categories. Who else provided fantasy owners with great numbers on this day of NBA action?
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 Honorable Mentions:
10. PF/C Tim Duncan – 19 points, eight rebounds, four assists, five blocks
9. SG/SF Tyreke Evans – 21 points (4-7 free throws), eight rebounds, eight assists, three steals
8. PF/C DeMarcus Cousins – 21 points, 16 rebounds, five assists, three steals
7. PG Kyle Lowry – 26 points (8-11 free throws, two made 3-pointers), five rebounds, seven assists, two steals
6. PG Russell Westbrook – 32 points (8-9 free throws), four assists
* Player statistics are accurate as of Wednesday, January 16, 2013. Player ranks are determined according to ESPN’s Daily Leaders list. FGM-A = Field Goals Made-Attempted, FTM-A = Free Throws Made-Attempted, 3PM-A = 3-Pointers Made-Attempted, GP = Games Played, PTS = Points, REB = Rebounds, AST = Assists, STL = Steals, BLK = Blocks, TO = Turnovers.
5. SG Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards
Statistics: 41 minutes, 9-14 FGM-A, 2-2 FTM-A, 6-7 3PM-A, 26 PTS, 3 REB, 6 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK, 1 TO
Beal had his best night of the season with a career-high 26 points to lead all scorers in the game. With the return of John Wall, he has really started to flourish in the backcourt to be more than just a shooter.
4. PG Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
Statistics: 39 minutes, 13-24 FGM-A, 4-4 FTM-A, 1-4 3PM-A, 31 PTS, 3 REB, 5 AST, 4 STL, 0 BLK, 2 TO
Irving bounced back from a poor performance in his last game with a very strong outing in a win over the Portland Trail Blazers. Being valuable on defense with four steals, he has been an especially good solid scorer and stealer over the past two weeks.
3. SF/PF LeBron James, Miami Heat
Statistics: 31 minutes, 11-20 FGM-A, 2-3 FTM-A, 1-5 3PM-A, 25 PTS, 7 REB, 10 AST, 1 STL, 0 BLK, 1 TO
In a blowout of the Golden State Warriors, James reached two momentous career milestones. By recording a double-double with 25 points and 10 assists, he became the youngest player to score 20,000 points in a career and also reached the 5,000-assist mark.
2. PG Jeff Teague, Atlanta Hawks
Statistics: 37 minutes, 12-18 FGM-A, 1-2 FTM-A, 3-5 3PM-A, 28 PTS, 4 REB, 11 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 2 TO
Another player with a career-high performance on this day, Teague’s 28 points helped him stand out over Devin Harris, who he’s been splitting playing time with at times. This game helped break a cold streak for the point guard, as he was averaging just 9.8 points a game in January prior to this contest.
1. PF/C Carlos Boozer, Chicago Bulls
Statistics: 41 minutes, 16-24 FGM-A, 4-4 FTM-A, 0-1 3PM-A, 36 PTS, 12 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL, 0 BLK, 2 TO
Boozer was no match for the Toronto Raptors, as he scored a season-high 36 points and recorded his 21st double-double of the season. He has been one of the most productive fantasy players of January, as he’s now had nine double-doubles in the last 10 games.
5 Fantasy NASCAR Predictions for Toyota Owners 400
Here are five fantasy NASCAR predictions for the 2015 Toyota Owners 400. Read More