Fantasy Basketball: Ersan Ilyasova and Other January 19 Studs
Fantasy Basketball 2013: January 19 Best Performers
From great scoring performances to solid showings on defense featuring plenty of steals and blocks, elite individual performances can help owners win categories in Week 12 matchups. On Friday, January 17, SF/PF Kevin Durant, PG Jrue Holiday and SF/PF Thaddeus Young made up the top three studs from yesterday. From Durant’s career-high 52 points against the Dallas Mavericks to Holiday’s consistent high-scoring ways, these players certainly provided great fantasy performances for their owners in Week 12.
With eight games on Saturday, January 19, 2013, fantasy squads had plenty of opportunities to improve their statistics in different categories. Who else provided fantasy owners with great numbers on this day of NBA action?
Friday, January 18, 2013 Honorable Mentions:
10. PF/C LaMarcus Aldridge – 20 points (10-10 free throws), 14 rebounds, two steals
9. SF/PF Andrei Kirilenko – 21 points (5-8 free throws), 11 rebounds, three steals
8. PG Chris Paul – 22 points (8-9 free throws, two made 3-pointers), 11 assists
7. SG/SF Klay Thompson – 29 points (five made 3-pointers), three rebounds
6. PG Brandon Jennings – 30 points (12-15 free throws), eight assists, three steals
* Player statistics are accurate as of Saturday, January 19, 2013. Player ranks are determined according to ESPN’s Daily Leaders list. FGM-A = Field Goals Made-Attempted, FTM-A = Free Throws Made-Attempted, 3PM-A = 3-Pointers Made-Attempted, GP = Games Played, PTS = Points, REB = Rebounds, AST = Assists, STL = Steals, BLK = Blocks, TO = Turnovers.
5. PG Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
Statistics: 33 minutes, 10-22 FGM-A, 3-5 FTM-A, 0-1 3PM-A, 23 PTS, 4 REB, 12 AST, 1 STL, 0 BLK, 1 TO
Already his third double-double of the month, Parker helped extend his team’s winning streak with a victory over the Atlanta Hawks. Another great aspect of his big performance was his solo turnover, his least since January 5.
4. PG Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
Statistics: 42 minutes, 9-21 FGM-A, 5-6 FTM-A, 3-9 3PM-A, 26 PTS, 3 REB, 10 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK, 3 TO
While he put together a nice well-rounded performance and his first double-double since January 7, Lillard had another weak outing from the field. That being said, this double-digit assist game was his sixth of his young, promising career.
3. PF/C Anthony Davis, New Orleans Hornets
Statistics: 32 minutes, 9-12 FGM-A, 2-7 FTM-A, 0-0 3PM-A, 20 PTS, 12 REB, 4 AST, 1 STL, 4 BLK, 1 TO
Davis dominated the Golden State Warriors and really played well aside from his rough time at the free throw line. This line also gave him his back-to-back double-doubles for the first time in his career.
2. PG/SG Jarrett Jack, Golden State Warriors
Statistics: 36 minutes, 7-13 FGM-A, 10-11 FTM-A, 1-3 3PM-A, 25 PTS, 2 REB, 12 AST, 2 STL, 0 BLK, 2 TO
As for the leader on the winning team of the Warriors game, Jack came off the bench with Stephen Curry returning, yet he still had a dominant showing against his former team. Whether off the bench or starting, he has been hot for fantasy purposes.
1. PF Ersan Ilyasova, Milwaukee Bucks
Statistics: 26 minutes, 10-14 FGM-A, 4-4 FTM-A, 3-3 3PM-A, 27 PTS, 14 REB, 4 AST, 0 STL, 1 BLK, 1 TO
After a stretch of four games with very little scoring or rebounding, Ilyasova churns out a big outing against the Portland Trail Blazers. Consistency aside, this game showed owners that he could put up similar numbers to last season.
Fantasy Football 2015 Early Wide Receiver Rankings
It's never too early to look ahead to the 2015 fantasy football season. With the wide receiver position filled with talent, it's hard to differentiate between them all. Here are my top-10 rankings. Read More
2015 Fantasy Baseball: Padres Acquire Justin Upton
The San Diego Padres have acquired OF Justin Upton. Will the move have a dramatic impact on his fantasy value in 2015? Read More