Atlanta Braves 5, San Francisco Giants 2: Game Notes
Notes on the San Francisco Giants 5-2 loss to the Atlanta Braves:
- Giants catcher Buster Posey and Braves third baseman Chipper Jones both had scheduled days off today.
- Posey did appear as a pinch-hitter in the ninth, but he sent a fly ball to center for the last out of the game.
- Right after the FOX announcers mentioned Eli Whiteside was catching, he threw out Martin Prado, who was attempting to steal second, by a few feet.
- According to a later “Sounds of the Game” segment, that prompted home plate umpire Jim Joyce to quip, “That was pretty quick, big boy.”
- Tim Hudson threw 26 pitches in the second inning.
- Tim Lincecum threw 27 pitches in the third inning.
- Cody Ross got his first hit and run batted in of the season on a single in the second.
Read my recap of this game:
Carlos Gonzalez Should Not Be Angels' Trade Target
The Los Angeles Angels may still be in the market for an outfielder, with Carlos Gonzalez as a potential target. Here's why that's a bad plan for the Angels on multiple levels. Read More
Blue Jays Must Target Cole Hamels After Tulo Trade
Even though the ace Cole Hamels might have suggested that he doesn't want to go to the Toronto Blue Jays, the team should push hard again after the huge Troy Tulowitzki trade. Read More