Atlanta Braves 5, San Francisco Giants 2: Game Notes
Notes on the San Francisco Giants 5-2 loss to the Atlanta Braves:
- Giants catcher Buster Posey and Braves third baseman Chipper Jones both had scheduled days off today.
- Posey did appear as a pinch-hitter in the ninth, but he sent a fly ball to center for the last out of the game.
- Right after the FOX announcers mentioned Eli Whiteside was catching, he threw out Martin Prado, who was attempting to steal second, by a few feet.
- According to a later “Sounds of the Game” segment, that prompted home plate umpire Jim Joyce to quip, “That was pretty quick, big boy.”
- Tim Hudson threw 26 pitches in the second inning.
- Tim Lincecum threw 27 pitches in the third inning.
- Cody Ross got his first hit and run batted in of the season on a single in the second.
Read my recap of this game:
5 Players Houston Astros Need to Trade For In 2015
The Houston Astros are much improved, but need to continue to bolster their 25-man roster in order to improve their chances of contending in 2015. Read More
5 Players Tampa Bay Rays Need To Trade For In 2015
The Tampa Bay Rays remain on the cusp of contention despite a minor offseason overhaul that included the departure of super utility-man Ben Zobrist. Read More