I was looking through the numbers of the Chicago White Sox and trying to figure out who deserves to the All Stars from this 2012 season so far. Here is what I came up with.
- 1B Paul Konerko- Konerko leads the AL in hitting at .396 and OBP at .473 by a wide margin. He lead AL first baseman in WAR (2.6), hits (63) home runs (10), RBI (29), SLG (.667) and OPS (1.140). Right now, you would have to call Konerko the MVP of the AL. Other Options: Prince Fielder, Detroit Tigers; Joe Mauer, Minnesota Twins
- DH Adam Dunn- Dunn is expiriencing a big bounce back season. He is hitting .244/.384/.579 with an OPS of .963 with 15 home runs and 35 RBI. Other Options: David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox; Edwin Encarnacion, Toronto Blue Jays
- C AJ Pierzynski- AJ is currently having maybe his best offensive season with the White Sox. Hitting .312/.352/.539 with 7 doubles, 2 triples, 8 home runs and 32 RBI. He has an OPS of .891 and has thrown out 35% of the baserunners so far this season. Other Options: None
- SP Jake Peavy- Peavy is currently 6-1 with a 3.07 ERA in 70.1 inning pitched. He also has a 5/1 K/BB ratio. Peavy really has only had two bad innings lately that has made his ERA jump up just above 3. Other Options: Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers; Jered Weaver, LA Angels; Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
- SP Chris Sale- This is Sale’s first season in the rotation and he is taking full advantage of it. He is currently 5-2 with a 2.55 ERA. He is becoming an ace right before our eyes. Other Options: Same as Peavy
Hopefully all five of these guys can keep there strong seasons going and all make it to the All Star game.