16. Anthony Davis Will Lead Team in Rebounds + Blocks
– Anthony Davis is a truly gifted shot-blocker and in the last predictions, it was said that Davis would be in the top five in the NBA in blocks and therefore will easily lead the New Orleans Hornets in blocks at over 2.5 per game. The Hornets have a lot of talent up front, but no elite rebounders and although he may not be a top-level rebounder, he will lead the team at over 9 per game.
17. Roger Mason Jr. Will Lead Hornets in 3-point shooting percentages
– The Hornets have a lot of talented shooters, including Austin River, Greivis Vasquez, Xavier Henry, Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon, but Roger Mason will lead the team in three-point percentage. He will in all likelihood make far less threes then the rest of the previously mentioned players, but he will play far less and shoot far fewer and will therefore shoot a high percentage. He may not be a high-level player, but Mason is efficient and makes the most of all opportunities.
18. There Will Be Two or More Uni-Brow References Per Game
– Yes, we get it, Davis has a uni-brow and refuses to shave it for some reason. Yes, we get it, Davis trademarked it for some reason. However, now the Hornets’ announcers will make at least two of these references a game. Also for the nationally televised games, the non-Hornets announcers will at least double that. It is going to get old fast.
19. Greivis Vasquez Will Have Almost Twice As Many Assists As Any Other Hornet
– The Hornets have a lack of talent at point guard while they wait for Rivers to become their starter, but for now, Vasquez is the only true distributor. Vasquez will have just over 6 assists per game, while the next highest will be at around 3.5.
20. Eric Gordon will Play at Least 70 Games
– Last year, Eric Gordon, the prize in their Chris Paul trade, scored over 20 points per game, but played in less than 10 games. He is their star offensive player and if they are going to have success, they will need him to play the majority of their games, as the offense will stall without their go to player. So here it is predicted that he will play in at least 70 games this year.