Quantcast
X

Have feedback / suggestions? Let us know!

NBA Boston Celtics

Boston Celtics Rumors: Chances Doc Rivers Returns To Team Are Reportedly Slim

David Butler II-USA Today Sports

The trade rumors were flying on Saturday when reports emerged, stating that the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers were considering a deal that included both Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett.

No deal was reached and the talks are considered to be hold at the moment. With that being said however, many do expect things to pick back up soon enough. It appears that upfront the Celtics offered Garnett and the right to sign Rivers in exchange for DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe and two first round draft picks. Los Angeles does not want to give up Bledsoe in the deal however, and that’s where the crossroads have emerged.

According to a tweet from Baxter Holmes of the Boston Globe, despite the ongoing stare down between the Celtics and Clippers, Rivers’ future in Boston is not stable regardless of whether or not a deal is ultimately reached. Holmes credits a source that suggests the following: 60% chance Rivers is dealt to the Clippers, 30% chance he leaves the team for a broadcasting opportunity and 10% chance he is the Celtics head coach next season.

So, his chance of returning to Boston are slim. 10% according to that report.

Now with that being said, it doesn’t mean that it won’t happen. It’s obviously a routine suggestion. In all however, the talks between Los Angeles and Boston are not dead just yet, so fans of both teams should buckle up for any spikes in the negotiations that may surface this week.

 

Follow Paul Seaver on Twitter: @PaulSeaverRS