Seton Hall Basketball: Non-Conference Schedule Breakdown
However, wins in the non-conference schedule are always helpful when preparing for the big games, so the Pirates will look to get off to another hot start. Let’s take a look at this year’s non-conference schedule.
- Seton Hall opens the season with a home contest against Norfolk St. The Rock will certainly be rockin’ giving the Pirates the edge. While the Spartans had their moment in last year’s NCAA tournament, Kyle O’Quinn is gone. Therefore, transfer Gene Teague should bully Norfolk St. in the paint and push the Pirates to a win.
- The Pirates then head to the Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-0ff Classic, where they will compete with Washington. This will be a closely contested battle, but I see C. J. Wilcox and the Huskies squeaking past Fuquan Edwin and the Hall.
- With a loss there, the Pirates will most likely face Rhode Island. While the Rams are back on the rise, they aren’t yet a respectable team. Expect Aaron Cosby to be raining threes as the Hall goes home happy.
- A home game with Maine is next. The Black Bears were one of the worst in the America East last year. They don’t really stand a chance against the Pirates.
- Following that is the annual battle with the St. Peter’s Peacocks. The Pirates generally crush the opposition in this one, and I expect nothing less.
- The Hall will compete in the Big East/SEC Classic against LSU. The Tigers have some nice players in Andre Stringer, Ralston Turner, and Johnny O’Bryant III, but Edwin and the crew should win this in a full team effort.
- Another annual match-up happens with N. J. I. T. While the Hilltopper program is getting more recognition, this should be an easy win for the Pirates.
- The Pirates get a taste of the ACC against Wake Forest. The Demon Deacons are one of the worst in the conference this year, so Seton Hall should take care of business here.
- The next two home games, against North Carolina A&T, and Longwood, should provide an interesting match-up for the Hall. The first game may be tougher than some expect and Longwood is another one of those yearly games. However, both are at home, at the Prudential Center crowd should rally the Pirates to a victory in both.
- A road test before Christmas against the Long Island Blackbirds will be incredibly tough. They’ve been dominating the NEC in recent years, and I expect the Pirates to drop one here.
- Finally, the non-conference schedule concludes against Stony Brook, the last team that the Pirates beat. It was a two point game, and the Hall will be without Jordan Theodore and Herb Pope, but the Seawolves also lost Bryan Dougher and Dallis Joyner. Expect a gritty Seton Hall win.
North Carolina State Headed In The Right Direction
NC State upset Villanova in the NCAA basketball tournament last year during an unexpected run. With recruiting and a gifted roster, they're primed to make some noise again this year. Read More
Louisville Escort Scandal Highlights Deeper Issues
The Louisville escort scandal is equally hilarious and terrible, but are we missing the overall point? Read More