CAA Freshman Diary (Week 2): James Madison G Ron Curry
A 6-4 freshman point guard from Pennsauken, NJ, Ron Curry is an incoming guard at James Madison University. While attending and playing at PVI in Haddon Township, NJ, Curry scored 1,370 career points in 110 games over his four-year career. This year, we will be chronicling Curry’s freshman season as a Duke every Wednesday in this season’s CAA Freshman Diary. Curry will answer prompt questions that relate to being a freshman Division I basketball player as well as current events within his team and school. This week, Ron talks about adjusting to living on a college campus and his first impressions of a college practice routine.
1. The day I moved in to James Madison was… hectic! I did a whole bunch of running around just to get all my things in my room. Then, once I got it all in there, it took my roommate and me two hours to figure out how we were going to arrange the room.
2. My roommate is…6-6 G Charles Cooke, another basketball player from New Jersey. I already knew him a little so the coaching staff thought it would be good for us to be together.
3. The first thing I did on campus once I got settled in was… walk the campus with my teammates to just get to know each other and enjoy the beautiful weather. I also went to the Freshman Welcome activity JMU had for the entire class.
4. I started practicing for the season at school when… the whole team got back to campus!
5. The team has us doing… a lot of lifting, running, and playing pickup. They also want me drinking a few protein shakes to gain weight.
Jake Fischer is the CAA Correspondent for the Arena Pulse at Rant Sports. Make sure to follow Jake on Twitter @fischsportsline.
Pre-Summer 2015 Big East Basketball Power Rankings
The Big East will once again be one of the most difficult conferences in college basketball coming into the 2015-16 season. Here are the power rankings to start summer 2015. Read More