CAA Freshman Diary (Week 4): James Madison G Ron Curry
A 6-4 freshman from Pennsauken, NJ, Ron Curry is an incoming guard at James Madison University. While attending and playing at Paul VI in Haddon Township, NJ, Curry scored 1,370 career points in 110 games over his four-year high school career. This year, we will be chronicling Curry’s freshman season as a Duke every Wednesday in this season’s CAA Freshman Diary. Curry will answer prompt questions that relate to being a freshman Division I basketball player as well as current events within his team and school. This week, Ron talks about what its like to be the first word in the phrase “student-athlete”.
1. My favorite place on campus is…The Convocation Center. It’s our gym and my second home.
2. I always eat at… PC dukes. It’s a great food court. My favorite thing to get is definitely the boneless barbecue bites.
3. I like to do my schoolwork…In study hall. It can be very productive.
4. The weather here has been…pretty nice. It got cold for a few days but it’s warming up again. I love walking the campus outside on a nice sunny day.
5. Being a freshman… Is not really weird for me. It’s just like being in high school except for the fact I have to walk everywhere.
Jake Fischer is the CAA Correspondent for Rant Sports-NCAA Basketball. Make sure to follow Jake on Twitter @fischsportsline.