College Football Recruiting: CB Brendan Langley Picks South Carolina Gamecocks
As the high school football season draws nearer, college football recruits have been narrowing down their list of schools and some even committing before the season starts. The motivation behind this being to eliminate the chance of distractions occurring during the season.
No conference has benefited from this trend more than the SEC. Teams from the Southeastern Conference received a slew of commitments this week, most notably the Florida Gators who received six. While the Gators made the most noise, the South Carolina Gamecocks may have picked up one of the biggest commitments of the week.
On Wednesday, Kell HS defensive back Brendan Langley made it public that he intends to play college football for Steve Spurrier at South Carolina. He becomes commit number 21 for Spurrier and the Gamecocks. Langley was once considered to be a Georgia lean but spurned his in-state school to head to South Carolina. The cornerback held offers from SEC powerhouses Alabama, Auburn, and Florida.
“After a lot of thought and prayer, I’m more than proud to accept a scholarship offer from the University of South Carolina”, said Brendan Langley in a press release about his commitment. “I’m doing this, I’m about to fulfill 80% of my dreams. NFL being the other 20%”
A four-star defensive back according to Rivals, Brendan Langley is making the right decision by heading to South Carolina to play football. The Gamecocks are slowly garnering their attention for creating NFL-caliber defensive backs and had a cornerback, Stephon Gilmore, drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft last year.
It’s Now or Never for Stanford’s Barry Sanders Jr.
The 2015 season may be Barry Sanders Jr.'s finally opportunity to live up to the hype. Read More
Northwestern's Jackson Crucial for Success in 2015
Northwestern has had great success in the Pat Fitzgerald era, but they've struggled the past two seasons. Running back Justin Jackson's success is important if they hope to return to the postseason. Read More
Predicting All 2015 Starters For Arkansas Football
Arkansas is destined to have a fantastic year. Take a look at who will likely get the starting nod in 2015. Read More