Illinois High School Football: Week 2 McHenry County Top 10
With the season now underway, some shuffling has happened in the McHenry County Top 10. Here is this week’s Top 10 with record and their preseason ranking in parentheses….
1. Marian Central (1-0, 1) The Hurricanes dominated Crystal Lake South in 31-0 win. Chris Streveler rushed for three touchdowns and threw for another as he prepares for college play next season at Minnesota.
2. Richmond-Burton (1-0, 2) A 54-14 win over Roosevelt with a ton new starters is good way to start season. Rockets led 48-0 by halftime.
3. Cary-Grove (1-0, 5) 49 points with a talented returning core is impressive and now a battle with Lake Zurich. Quinn Baker and Ryan Mahoney each had big games in the C-G backfield.
4. Prairie Ridge (1-0, 2) The Wolves had a challenge with Glenbard South before winning 35-28. Kingsley Ebirim had two touchdowns and 158 yards rushing.
5. Jacobs (1-0, 6) Bill Mitz and company win a 35-13 away game at Marmion. Steve Varela had 98 yards rushing and two touchdowns.
6. Crystal Lake South (0-1, 4) The Gators got dominated by Marian and had only 122 yards of total offense but a young team will learn.
7. Woodstock North (1-0, 7) The first of three straight road games for the Thunder produces a 34-10 win over Elmwood Park. 279 yards rushing for North including 124 from Ryan Wade.
8. Harvard (1-0, #8) The Hornets win 25-20 battle at home against Rock Falls and now hit the road. Christian Kramer and Sammy Soliz each had over 100 yards on the ground.
9. Crystal Lake Central (1-0, 9) Tigers rally for last-second win over Huntley. Kyle Lavand had 312 yards through the air and two scores.
10. Marengo (1-0, NR) 21-7 win over Mendota as Indians keep improving over past years. 237 yards on the ground for John Lesiak.