There have been some changes this week in the McHenry County Top 10, so let’s take a look at the new rankings. Note that the team record and last week’s ranking are in parentheses.
1. Marian Central (2-0, 1): The Hurricanes struggled some in a 38-28 win over McHenry. Chris Streveler ran for two first half touchdowns and finished the game with more than 125 yards rushing and nearly 200 yards through the air.
2. Cary-Grove (2-0, 3): An impressive 21-6 win over Lake Zurich moved the Trojans to 2-0. Quinn Baker ran for 115 yards as C-G slowed down a talented Bears team for the second straight season.
3. Prairie Ridge (2-0, 4): The Wolves had nine rushing touchdowns in a 65-7 smashing of Mundelein. Steven Ladd scored three times while Kingsley Ebirim added two touchdowns in a game where Prairie Ridge led 51-0 at the half.
4. Jacobs (2-0, 5): Bret Mooney threw for over 250 yards as the Golden Eagles pounded Johnsburg 41-7. Jacobs outgained Johnsburg 377-138 in gaining their second straight win to open the season.
5. Crystal Lake South (1-1, 6): Coming off being shut out in Week 1, the Gators responded with a 16-6 win over Crystal Lake Central. Eric Landis rushed for nearly 75 yards while the South defense held down Central’s spread offense.
6. Richmond-Burton (1-1, 2): The Rockets couldn’t finish their comeback against Winnebago in a 44-28 loss. R-B rushed for over 240 yards but were hampered when running back Adam Kinsella left the game with a head injury with his Week 3 status still in doubt.
7. Woodstock North (1-1, 7): Ryan Wade ran for 78 yards but it wasn’t enough as the Thunder fell 21-7 at Lakes. Grant Wade scored the lone touchdown on a three-yard run in the first half for North.
8. Crystal Lake Central (1-1, 9): After an exciting win against Huntley in Week 1, the Tigers came back down to earth in a 16-6 loss at Crystal Lake South. Kyle Lavand threw for only 138 yards while also throwing an interception.
9. McHenry (1-1, NR): After scoring 60 points during Week 1, the Warriors could only put up 28 in a 38-28 loss to Marian Central. McHenry rallied from 22 points down to get within seven but couldn’t get over the hump.
10. Woodstock (1-1, NR): Mike Santucci ran for more than 100 yards including four touchdowns as the Blue Streaks got their first win of the season. Keeondae Benjamin brought the opening kickoff back for a touchdown to lead the Woodstock charge.