Illinois High School Football: Week 3 McHenry County Top 10
There have been some changes this week in the McHenry County Top 10, so let’s take a look at the new rankings. Note that the team record and last week’s ranking are in parentheses.
1. Marian Central (2-0, 1): The Hurricanes struggled some in a 38-28 win over McHenry. Chris Streveler ran for two first half touchdowns and finished the game with more than 125 yards rushing and nearly 200 yards through the air.
2. Cary-Grove (2-0, 3): An impressive 21-6 win over Lake Zurich moved the Trojans to 2-0. Quinn Baker ran for 115 yards as C-G slowed down a talented Bears team for the second straight season.
3. Prairie Ridge (2-0, 4): The Wolves had nine rushing touchdowns in a 65-7 smashing of Mundelein. Steven Ladd scored three times while Kingsley Ebirim added two touchdowns in a game where Prairie Ridge led 51-0 at the half.
4. Jacobs (2-0, 5): Bret Mooney threw for over 250 yards as the Golden Eagles pounded Johnsburg 41-7. Jacobs outgained Johnsburg 377-138 in gaining their second straight win to open the season.
5. Crystal Lake South (1-1, 6): Coming off being shut out in Week 1, the Gators responded with a 16-6 win over Crystal Lake Central. Eric Landis rushed for nearly 75 yards while the South defense held down Central’s spread offense.
6. Richmond-Burton (1-1, 2): The Rockets couldn’t finish their comeback against Winnebago in a 44-28 loss. R-B rushed for over 240 yards but were hampered when running back Adam Kinsella left the game with a head injury with his Week 3 status still in doubt.
7. Woodstock North (1-1, 7): Ryan Wade ran for 78 yards but it wasn’t enough as the Thunder fell 21-7 at Lakes. Grant Wade scored the lone touchdown on a three-yard run in the first half for North.
8. Crystal Lake Central (1-1, 9): After an exciting win against Huntley in Week 1, the Tigers came back down to earth in a 16-6 loss at Crystal Lake South. Kyle Lavand threw for only 138 yards while also throwing an interception.
9. McHenry (1-1, NR): After scoring 60 points during Week 1, the Warriors could only put up 28 in a 38-28 loss to Marian Central. McHenry rallied from 22 points down to get within seven but couldn’t get over the hump.
10. Woodstock (1-1, NR): Mike Santucci ran for more than 100 yards including four touchdowns as the Blue Streaks got their first win of the season. Keeondae Benjamin brought the opening kickoff back for a touchdown to lead the Woodstock charge.
Hype for Everett Golson, Florida State Out of Hand
Can we pump the brakes on the hype surrounding Florida State and the arrival of Everett Golson? Read More