Illinois High School Football: Week 3 Northern Cook County Top 10
Loyola’s trip to Dublin wasn’t lucky from the top spot in the Top 10. Here is this week’s Northern Cook County Top 10 with team record and last week’s rank in parentheses:
1. Maine South (2-0, 2): The Hawks have put together two solid weeks to open the 2012 season. Matt Alviti scores three times and heads into a conference crossover with Deerfield for their first home game of the season.
2. Elk Grove (2-0, 3): A great defensive effort produced a shutout against Hoffman Estates and the Grenadiers have outscored their opponents 71-6 this season. Big crossover game with Palatine this week.
3. Loyola (1-1, 1): Heading across the pond didn’t prove successful in a 30-29 loss to Dallas Jesuit in Ireland. The Ramblers had a nine-point halftime lead, but couldn’t hold on to the advantage and head home to face Lake Forest Academy.
4. Rolling Meadows (2-0, 4): Jack Milas found a new talent in Andre Campbell for three touchdowns as the Mustangs won their second straight game in a 41-7 win. The Mustangs have given up just seven points to start the year.
5. Palatine (1-1, 6): The Pirates bounced back from their opening week loss for a 42-7 win against Buffalo Grove. Alex Nawrot scored four times and finished the game with nine catches. Elk Grove is next in what should be a defacto conference title game.
6. Schaumburg (2-0, #8): Sadarriss Patterson scored twice in the first half as the Saxons ran away during a 35-7 win against Wheeling. Patterson finished the game with over 120 yards rushing.
7. Prospect (2-0, 9): Ryan O’Hara was at it with 160 yards rushing and five touchdowns during a 42-21 win over Conant. The Knights ran for more than 430 yards while O’Hara has 12 touchdowns now for the season.
8. Glenbrook South (1-1, 10): The Titans showed their offense is still strong while their defense improved in a 45-16 win over Metea Valley. South led this game by double figures again like they did in Week 1 but were able to extend their lead this time around.
9. St. Viator (2-0, NR): The Lions defense came to play, giving up only 100 total yards in a 21-3 win over Deerfield. Those are the only points Viator has given up this season so far.
10. Streamwood (1-1, 5): The Polich brothers got the only score the Sabres could find in Week 2 during a 21-7 loss to Dundee-Crown as QB Mason Polich hit brother Noah Polich on a long TD pass.
Iowa's Inclusion In Playoff Would Be Well Deserved
Iowa hasn't played the toughest schedule this season, but an unbeaten record and a win in the Big Ten championship game is enough for a berth in the playoff. Read More
Predictions For Major Week 13 CFB Games vs. Spread
Here are the picks for each major CFB Week 13 game vs. the spread. Read More
10 Bold Predictions For Week 13 Of 2015 CFB Season
The college football madness will be at an all-time high this weekend. Read More