This weekend saw some of the nation’s top college football recruits go into action for their respective high schools. Here’s some highlights from around the country:
- Mutli-talented Robert Foster, who is currently undeclared, had a monster of a game for Central Valley (Pa.) High in their win over Montour (Pa.). Foster, who is entertaining offers from Alabama, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Oregon, amongst others, scored three rushing touchdowns on 14 attempts for 70 yards. He also caught 3 passes for 37 yards, recorded 10 tackles, had an 18-yard kick return and handled punting duties for Central Valley.
- Florida corner back recruit Vernon Hargreaves III saw some time on the offensive end of the ball for Wharton (Fl.) in their thriller of a win over Sickles (Fl.) High. Hargreaves, who runs a 4.45 40, scored on two separate two point conversions, propelling Wharton over Sickles 29-27.
- USC running back commit Ty Isaac recorded 94 yards rushing and two touchdowns, propelling Joliet Catholic (Il.) over St. Viator (Il.) 33-20. Isaac, a huge 6-3, 217 pound workhorse, committed to the Trojans on May 15.
- Auburn inside linebacker commit Reuben Foster recorded a tackle as his Auburn (Al.) High School Tigers dispatched the Jefferson Davis (Al.) Volunteers 48-2 on Friday. Foster and the Auburn High defense held Davis’ offense scoreless all game.
- Top undeclared corner back MacKensie Alexander recorded 4 tackles and assisted on 3 more as his Immokallee (Fl.) Indians beat Naples (Fl.) 55-29. Alexander has offers from Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Miami (Fl.) and USC, amongst others.
Also of Note: Top national recruit Robert Nkemdiche and powerhouse Grayson (Ga.) got a bye week after their pummeling of Miami Central (Fl.) the previous week.