1. Alabama- Another week and another dominating effort by the offense and defense. Quarterback AJ McCarron is one of the most improved players in college football.
4. Florida State – First time the Seminoles have scored more than 49 points in consecutive weeks since the 2000 season. The Seminoles are a legit title contender.
5. Georgia- Aaron Murray and Jarvis Jones have team clicking on all cylinders.
6. West Virginia- Geno Smith throws three touchdowns to Tavon Austin as Mountaineers continue lighting up the scoreboard.
8. Kansas State- Defeated Oklahoma with sound run game and opportunistic defense that forced three fumbles deep inside Oklahoma territory.
9. Florida- Continue to roll in the SEC already racking up three wins, gets this week off before taking on LSU.
10. Ohio State- 4-0 under Urban Meyer entering conference play is exactly what Buckeyes fans hoped for but few expected.
14. USC- Got back on track after brutal loss to Stanford last week.
15. Oklahoma- lost at home to Kansas State as fumbles deep in their own territory did in the Sooners.
16. Clemson- Scored a bunch, but gave up 11-point lead and 49 points overall to Florida State in their first loss of the season.
17. Mississippi State- Improve to 4-0 on the season after win over South Alabama in Starkville.
19. Michigan State- Le’Veon Bell went into full blown beast mode again and rushed for 253 yards on 36 carries in win over Eastern Michigan.
20. Nebraska- Scored 73 points in a dominating performance, most important note from this game is running back Rex Burkhead looked healthy rushing for more than 100 yards.
21. Louisville- Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater has Cardinals undefeated after win over Florida International.
22. Boise State- Defense set the tone for Broncos in a rare low-scoring affair in 7-6 win over BYU.
Follow me on Twitter @PatrickASchmidt
Patrick is a diehard Chicago sports and avid college football fan, and the host of “The Wake-up Call,” a weekly sports show on Sportstownchicago.com Wednesday mornings from 8-10. View his show’s website here.