August 13, 2012 | Make Homepage
Login | Sign Up

Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting: Could They Land Jonathan Rose?

Published: 9th Aug 12 12:14 pm
Tweet
Paul Troupe
Nebraska Cornhuskers, All Sports Columnist
al.com

The Nebraska Cornhuskers had an unfortunate off-season with the departure of Corey Raymond as secondary coach. Raymond had a great track record for the Huskers, coaching first round pick Prince Amukamara and Alfonzo Dennard. This off-season, Bo Pelini brought in Tennessee safeties coach Terry Joseph.

It just so happens to be that an Auburn player who was ranked the number two player in the state of Alabama, and the number eight cornerback in the nation, is looking to transfer. Even better news for the Cornhuskers is that Joseph tried recruiting this Auburn player while he was a coach at Tennessee, and now Joseph is trying to lure the former Auburn player, Jonathan Rose.

At 6’2″, 185 lbs, Rose has the size to match-up with the best of the B1G 10 conference. At his height, Rose would be the second tallest cornerback on the the roster.

Due to NCAA regulations, if Rose were to transfer Nebraska, he would have to sit out for a year. If Rose sat out for a year, he would be a redshirt sophomore and could become a starter just a year later.

If Rose were to transfer to Nebraska, he would have two seniors ahead of him, Andrew Green and Mohammed Seisay. Charles Jackson would be a sophomore with him, which means that once Green and Seisay graduate, Nebraska could have two very solid defensive backs for two years.

So what are the chances of landing Rose?

Pretty good from what I have heard.

Rose is good friends with Ameer Abdullah, which should help the Huskers. Nebraska, according to Rose’s high school coach Mike Shaefer, is at the top of his list. Already having a budding relationship with Joseph, Nebraska could very well land Rose.

And with that, the Huskers would have a great start to the 2013 class.

Paul Troupe is the lead writer for the Nebraska Cornhuskers and San Antonio Spurs, while covering many major sports for RantSports. You can follow him on Twitter @gamin4HIM

Buy Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Tickets | Buy Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Apparel
Connect with Rant Sports
Get more Traffic

Leave a Rant

Agree? Disagree? Have a different opinion? Let us know what you think...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!