Philadelphia Eagles Week 5 Postgame Thoughts: Eagles 27, 49ers 24
- A win is a win, so I’ll take a 27-24 victory over a winless team. That being said, the 49ers looked sloppy. Their five turnovers seemed to be more of their own fault than the Eagles’ solid defense. Frank Gore lost two fumbles, one of which took a lucky bounce and was returned for a touchdown by safety Quintin Mikell.
- LeSean McCoy is a stud. I don’t know how he rushed for 95 yards and a touchdown, along with 46 receiving yards, with a broken rib. He’s gotta work on his fumbles though. That’s two straight weeks with a fumble, which is unacceptable.
- Kevin Kolb’s fumble before the end of the first half could have turned into an extremely costly play. In fact, if the 49ers had made that field goal, the game would have probably gone into overtime. Maybe the Eagles could just run out the clock the last two minutes of the first half, because this season they’ve been a complete disaster.
- Kevin Kolb’s 8 yard touchdown pass to Brent Celek to tie the game late in the first quarter was easily the best play of the quarterback’s short career. He looked exactly like McNabb in the first game of the 2004 season against the Giants, crossing the field to the right, before throwing a strike across his body for a touchdown to Terrell Owens.
- That direct snap to Eldra Buckley on 3rd and 1 from the 49ers’ 30 was a complete disaster. Buckley hasn’t touched the ball since he lost a fumble against Green Bay, and he ran directly into the back of the Eagles’ own offensive lineman. As expected, the Eagles went for 4th and 1, and as expected, they missed it.
- Just once, I want to see David Akers nail a 56-yard field goal. The other kickers around the league are getting these kicks and Akers is one of the best. If he gets the distance, it’s wide, and if it’s straight, it’ll be short. I love Akers, but I wouldn’t trust him on a long kick, especially with the game on the line (see: Dallas 2005, or Giants 2007).
Score Prediction For Broncos vs. Raiders In Week 5
Here is a look at the final score prediction of the Denver Broncos vs. the Oakland Raiders in Week 5 of the NFL. Read More
Body Found in Porta-Potty Outside Bengals' Stadium
A construction worker found a dead body in a porta-potty outside of the Cincinnati Bengals' Paul Brown Stadium on Thursday. Read More