Philadelphia Eagles Week 9 Pregame Thoughts
[picappgallerysingle id="9859154"]- I know Peyton Manning doesn’t “need” good wide receivers, or running backs, or tight ends, to win. But I am starting to wonder if he can get the job done with this many injuries. It’s unbelievable. It’s basically just Reggie Wayne among the quality players on the Colts who isn’t banged up.
- I would be very surprised if DeSean Jackson played well tomorrow. I didn’t think he was even going to be back for Sunday’s game, and now that he is, I think he’ll play a limited role. Two catches maybe. Then again, he is going to be returning punts.
- Riley Cooper had his best game against the Titans two weeks ago. I wonder how much of a role he’ll play in the game. I think the Eagles will try to get him the ball a few times, but if he doesn’t make plays right away, he’s not going to get any more thrown his way for the rest of the game.
- The Colts are coming off six days of rest. The Eagles are coming off 14 days of rest. That has to be able to mean something.
- Head coach Andy Reid has won all 11 games following the Eagles’ bye week. The Colts and Peyton Manning have won all three of their matchups against the Eagles, by scores of 44-17, 35-13, and 45-21. Something’s got to give.
- I think I would be happier if we won this game than I would be after any non-postseason game in a long, long time. Donovan McNabb was never able to beat the elite quarterbacks, like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. It would be nice if Kevin Kolb, I mean Michael Vick, was able to do so.