Philadelphia Eagles By the Numbers: Week 10 vs Washington Redskins
- DeSean Jackson’s 88 yard touchdown reception from Michael Vick is the Eagles’ longest play from scrimmage since Hank Baskett’s 90-yard touchdown against the St. Louis Rams. It is the longest touchdown pass of Michael Vick’s career by 14 yards. It’s the longest touchdown of DeSean Jackson’s career by three yards, and the longest receiving touchdown of Jackson’s career by 17 yards. It’s also the longest first play from scrimmage in Eagles’ history. And it is the quickest the Eagles have scored a touchdown in a game since Brian Mitchell took the opening kickoff 94 yards for for a touchdown against the Arizona Cardinals in 2001.
- The Eagles became the first team in the history of Monday Night Football to score 28 points in the first quarter of a game. And they became the first road team in NFL history to score 28 points in the first quarter of a game.
- The Eagles scored more points in one Monday Night Football game than any team in NFL history. They set the record with over a quarter and a third left in their game. They set a franchise record with 45 points in the first half.
- The best quarter of Andy Reid’s career by point differential was +25. The Eagles outscored the Panthers 28-3 in the second quarter of the first game of the 2009 season, and the Packers 28-3 in the 2nd quarter of the 12th game of the 2004 season. And then tonight the Eagles outscored the Redskins by 28 in the first quarter.
- The Eagles’ 31-point victory was their biggest since they crushed the Dallas Cowboys, 44-6, in the season finale of the 2008 season. And if the Eagles had tried all game, they would have won by at least 38 points. Their 59 points were their highest since 1934, when they beat the Cincinnati Reds 64-0. The Reds were kicked out of the league after the game.
- Michael Vick passed Steve Young for second place for must rushing yards by a quarterback in NFL history. Vick entered the game with 4215 rushing yards. Steve Young had 4239. Randall Cunningham is first with 4928. Vick could pass Cunningham’s record next season.
- This was the first game in Michael Vick’s career where he threw for two touchdowns and rushed for two touchdowns (three passing, two rushing). And he became the first player in NFL history to throw for three and rush for two in a single half.
- Michael Vick topped 300 passing yards for the first time since 2005. It’s the second most in a game in Vick’s career. He became the first player in NFL history with 300 rushing yards, 50 rushing yards, four passing touchdowns, and two rushing touchdowns in a single game.
- Vick’s 150.7 passer rating was the highest mark of his career. It was the sixth best single-game total in Eagles’ history.
- Jerome Harrison’s 50-yard touchdown run was the longest by a backup running back for the Eagles since Correll Buckhalter’s 64-yard touchdown run against the Dallas Cowboys in 2003.
- Including the postseason, Jeremy Maclin has 11 touchdowns in his NFL career. Six have gone for at least 40 yards. His 48-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter of today’s massacre was only the fourth longest of his career.
- Kurt Coleman became the first Eagles’ rookie to intercept a pass in his first start since Nate Allen intercepted Aaron Rodgers in the first game of the season.
- Dimitri Patterson doubled his career interception total with two tonight. He scored his first NFL touchdown. It was the Eagles’ second defensive touchdown of the season (Quintin Mikell against the 49ers).
- Jorrick Calvin has returned 23 kicks and punts in his career. He’s fumbled three times, including twice today: a lost fumble against the Titans, an opening kickoff fumble which he quickly recovered against the Redskins, and a third quarter fumble on a kickoff return that I can’t believe he recovered.
- Redskins’ running back Keiland Williams became the 31st player to score three touchdowns against the Eagles in a single game. He joined Lions’ running back Jahvid Best and Titans’ receiver Kenny Britt on the list of players who have done so this season.