NFL Preseason Picks Recap
Below is a list of preseason playoff predictions I made. You can see which teams I picked right and which teams I completely got wrong.
AFC Preseason Predictions
1. New England Patriots 13-3 I had the New England Patriots going unbeaten at home and getting homefield before losing to Balitmore in the divisional round. This pick might become a realistic possibility if the Patriots host a Ravens or a Steelers team in the divisional round this year.
2. Indianapolis Colts 12-4 I picked the Colts to win the AFC South, but I thought a team in this division would give the Colts a run for their money.
3. San Diego Chargers 12-4 I picked the Chargers to win the AFC West. Even though I got that pick wrong the Chargers can still make amends by winning the division. I picked the San Diego Chargers to beat the Indianapolis Colts and go to the AFC Title before losing to the next team that I am about to mention.
4. Baltimore Ravens 12-4 I picked the Ravens to win the Super Bowl at the season’s start. You can question the teams performance on defense down the stretch, but I believe the Ravens will win the AFC North with an unbeaten record at home this year so far.
5. New York Jets 12-4 I picked the Jets to get the first wild card spot. I believe the Jets will give Balimore a good challenge, but the Ravens will win in the end.
6. Jacksonville Jaguars 11-5 I picked the Jaguars as a surprise team when the season started. The Jaguars are actually 6-4 and leading the Colts in the AFC South right now. Most people buried the Jaguars before the season started and eliminated Jacksonville as a potential playoff player. I did not so I will give myself some credit when the time comes.
NFC Preseason Playoff Picks
1. Atlanta Falcons 14-2 I had the Falcons 10-0 at this point in the NFL Regular Season and I picked the Falcons to finish with the NFL’s best record. Atlanta is unbeaten at home and I really like the way they performed this season. I picked the Falcons to lose to the Green Bay Packers in the divisional round.
2. Minnesota Vikings 12-4 I had the Vikings shocking the NFL going 12-4 with Tavaris Jackson. I had the Vikings getting a first round bye before losing in the divisional round.
3. New York Giants 11-5 I got the Giants winning the NFC East. I thought Kevin Kolb would screw up, but I did not expect Michael Vick to play so well at quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles.
4. San Francisco 49ers 10-6 Go ahead America. If you want to laugh at a silly prediction I made this is the one to laugh at. I picked the San Francisco 49ers to make the Super Bowl because everyone will write off the 49ers due to their weak division.
5. Carolina Panthers 11-5 I picked the Panthers because I thought Jimmy Clausen would win rookie of the year. Clearly I was completely wrong about this. If your going to give me crap about the 49ers making the Super Bowl at least take the time to poke fun at this pick. The Panthers are currently projected to pick first in the 2011 NFL Draft.
6. Green Bay Packers 11-5 I picked the Packers to make it to the NFC Championship before losing to the San Francisco 49ers. If I could change my pick I would go Ravens at Falcons for Super Bowl 45. Still San Francisco could still pull a miracle and win the NFC West, but its hard to see them in the Super Bowl now.
Predicting Philadelphia Eagles' Entire 2015 Season
The Philadelphia Eagles have been making headlines all offseason long. How much will that help them actually win games? Here's how they should fare in 2015. Read More