- I think the Eagles are going to destroy Joe Webb. I think they’re going to intercept two or three passes, force a fumble, and possibly knock him out of the game. He’s never started a game in his NFL career. A prime-time game against the Philadelphia Eagles is not how anyone wants to start a career, especially against an Eagles team that needs a win to stay in the race for a number two seed or home-field advantage.
- I’m not too nervous about Adrian Peterson. He has a deep thigh bruise so I think we’ll see a lot of Toby Gerhart tonight. AP is one of the best running backs in the league but for some reason, he doesn’t scare me as much as some players like Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson (although we destroyed him), and Maurice Jones-Drew.
- If Michael Vick wants to stay in the MVP race, he needs a huge game today, or you can literally forget about it. He’ll probably finish second no matter what happens, but I don’t think he’s going to finish first unless he does some pretty impressive things in the Eagles’ next two games.
- I think the Eagles are going to roll over the Minnesota Vikings. We’ve never lost to them with Andy Reid as our head coach. We beat them 48-17 in 2001, 27-16 in 2004, 27-14 in the 2004 playoffs, 23-16 in 2007, and 26-14 in the 2008 playoffs. Joe Webb doesn’t scare me at all. Their star running back is banged up. The Eagles need a win. There is almost no chance that we lost, in my mind. I think we’ll win 27-10.
- Why was LeSean McCoy not selected to the Pro Bowl? Trent Cole was a maybe. Quintin Mikell was a maybe. But LeSean McCoy is one of the best all-around running backs in the National Football League and he deserves an opportunity to play among the game’s all-stars in February.