On Tuesday, the NFL released the 2011 regular season schedule for the Atlanta Falcons along with the other 31 teams. Each team’s schedule is based off of the following factors:
- Each team gets a home and away game against their three division opponents.
- Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle.
- Each team plays four teams from another division from the opposite conference on a rotating four-year cycle.
- Each team is schedule two intraconference games which is determined from the standings from the previous season (first place team against a first place team, second place team against a second place team, etc.). These games are matched up based off two-same conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season.
Next season, the four teams from the NFC South will square off against the NFC North and AFC South. Since the Falcons finished on top of the NFC South with a 13-3 record, they will also face the first place team from the NFC East and NFC West. Here’s a look at the Falcons schedule for the 2011 season:
- September 11 @ Chicago Bears
- September 18 Philadelphia Eagles
- September 25 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- October 2 @ Seattle Seahawks
- October 9 Green Bay Packers
- October 16 Carolina Panthers
- October 23 @ Detroit Lions
- October 30 Bye
- November 6 @ Indianapolis Colts
- November 13 New Orleans Saints
- November 20 Tennessee Titans
- November 27 Minnesota Vikings
- December 4 @ Houston Texans
- December 11 @ Carolina Panthers
- December 15 Jacksonville Jaguars (Thursday)
- December 26 @ New Orleans Saints (Monday)
- January 1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Dan Parzych is the Lead NFL Content Editor for RantSports.com/NFL, where he writes and edits NFL content for RantSports.com.