Green Bay Packers 2011 Schedule
On Tuesday, the NFL released the 2011 regular season schedule for the Green Bay Packers along with the other 31 teams. Each team’s schedule for next season is based off of the following factors:
- Each team gets a home and away game against their three division opponents.
- Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle.
- Each team plays four teams from another division from the opposite conference on a rotating four-year cycle.
- Each team is schedule two intraconference games which is determined from the standings from the previous season (first place team against a first place team, second place team against a second place team, etc.). These games are matched up based off two-same conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season.
Next season, the four teams from the NFC North will square off against the other four teams from the NFC South and AFC West. Since the Packers finished in second behind the Chicago Bears in the NFC North with a 10-6 record, they will also face the second place teams from the NFC East and NFC West. Here’s a look at the Packers schedule for the 2011 season:
- September 8 New Orleans Saints (Thursday)
- September 18 @ Carolina Panthers
- September 25 @ Chicago Bears
- October 2 Denver Broncos
- October 9 @ Atlanta Falcons
- October 16 St. Louis Rams
- October 23 @ Minnesota Vikings
- October 30 Bye
- November 6 @ San Diego Chargers
- November 14 Minnesota Vikings (Monday)
- November 20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- November 24 @ Detroit Lions (Thursday)
- December 4 @ New York Giants
- December 11 Oakland Raiders
- December 18 @ Kansas City Chiefs
- December 25 Chicago Bears
- January 1 Detroit Lions
Dan Parzych is the Lead NFL Content Editor for RantSports.com/NFL, where he writes and edits NFL content for RantSports.com.