Jacksonville Jaguars 2011 Schedule
On Tuesday, the NFL released the 2011 regular season schedule for the Jacksonville Jaguars along with the other 31 teams. Each team’s schedule for next season is based off of the following factors:
- Each team gets a home and away game against their three division opponents.
- Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle.
- Each team plays four teams from another division from the opposite conference on a rotating four-year cycle.
- Each team is schedule two intraconference games which is determined from the standings from the previous season (first place team against a first place team, second place team against a second place team, etc.). These games are matched up based off two-same conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season.
Next season, the four teams from the AFC South will square off against the other four teams from the AFC North and NFC South. Since the Jaguars finished in second behind the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC South with an 8-8 record, they will also face the second place teams from the AFC East and AFC West. Here’s a look at the Jaguars schedule for the 2011 season:
- September 11 Tennessee Titans
- September 18 @ New York Jets
- September 25 @ Carolina Panthers
- October 2 New Orleans Saints
- October 9 Cincinnati Bengals
- October 16 @ Pittsburgh Steelers
- October 24 Baltimore Ravens (Monday)
- October 30 @ Houston Texans
- November 6 Bye
- November 13 @ Indianapolis Colts
- November 20 @ Cleveland Browns
- November 27 Houston Texans
- December 5 San Diego Chargers (Monday)
- December 11 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- December 15 @ Atlanta Falcons (Thursday)
- December 24 @ Tennessee Titans (Saturday)
- January 1 Indianapolis Colts
Dan Parzych is the Lead NFL Content Editor for RantSports.com/NFL, where he writes and edits NFL content for RantSports.com.