On Tuesday, the NFL released the 2011 regular season schedule for the New York Giants along with the other 31 teams. Each team’s schedule for next season is based off of the following factors:
- Each team gets a home and away game against their three division opponents.
- Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle.
- Each team plays four teams from another division from the opposite conference on a rotating four-year cycle.
- Each team is schedule two intraconference games which is determined from the standings from the previous season (first place team against a first place team, second place team against a second place team, etc.). These games are matched up based off two-same conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season.
Next season, the four teams from the NFC East will square off against the other four teams from the NFC West and AFC East. Since the Giants finished in second behind the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC East with a 10-6 record, they will also face the second place teams from the NFC North and NFC South. Here’s a look at the Giants schedule for the 2011 season:
- September 11 @ Washington Redskins
- September 19 St. Louis Rams (Monday)
- September 25 @ Philadelphia Eagles
- October 2 @ Arizona Cardinals
- October 9 Seattle Seahawks
- October 16 Buffalo Bills
- October 23 Bye
- October 30 Miami Dolphins
- November 6 @ New England Patriots
- November 13 @ San Francisco 49ers
- November 20 Philadelphia Eagles
- November 28 @ New Orleans Saints (Monday)
- December 4 Green Bay Packers
- December 11 @ Dallas Cowboys
- December 18 Washington Redskins
- December 24 @ New York Jets (Saturday)
- January 1 Dallas Cowboys
Dan Parzych is the Lead NFL Content Editor for RantSports.com/NFL, where he writes and edits NFL content for RantSports.com.