On Tuesday, the NFL released the 2011 regular season schedule for the New York Jets along with the other 31 teams. Each team’s schedule for next season is based off of the following factors:
- Each team gets a home and away game against their three division opponents.
- Each team plays four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle.
- Each team plays four teams from another division from the opposite conference on a rotating four-year cycle.
- Each team is schedule two intraconference games which is determined from the standings from the previous season (first place team against a first place team, second place team against a second place team, etc.). These games are matched up based off two-same conference divisions the team is not scheduled to play that season.
Next season, the four teams from the AFC East will square off against the other four teams from the AFC West and NFC East. Since the Jets finished in second behind the New England Patriots in the AFC East with an 11-5 record, they will also face the second place teams from the AFC North and AFC South. Here’s a look at the Jets schedule for the 2011 season:
- September 11 Dallas Cowboys
- September 18 Jacksonville Jaguars
- September 25 @ Oakland Raiders
- October 2 @ Baltimore Ravens
- October 9 @ New England Patriots
- October 17 Miami Dolphins (Monday)
- October 23 San Diego Chargers
- October 30 Bye
- November 6 @ Buffalo Bills
- November 13 New England Patriots
- November 17 @ Denver Broncos (Thursday)
- November 27 Buffalo Bills
- December 4 @ Washington Redskins
- December 11 Kansas City Chiefs
- December 18 @ Philadelphia Eagles
- December 24 New York Giants (Saturday)
- January 1 @ Miami Dolphins
Dan Parzych is the Lead NFL Content Editor for RantSports.com/NFL, where he writes and edits NFL content for RantSports.com.